• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ben Johnson, DeMeco Ryans, Dan Quinn, Brian Flores, Ken Dorsey

jb2288

As much as I want the next McVay type, I'm not a fan of the risk that comes along with it in case it doesn't work out, if so, we're screwed for literally the next 5-8 years at minimum.

My top choice is Dan Quinn, second for me would be Mike Tomlin as I just have a feeling him and the Steelers will mutually decide to part ways after this season and he'd be an absolute home run hire.

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Why wouldnt other teams like the Bronocs go after him? Saints would want to get him out of the conference. 

Why wouldn’t other teams hire all the head coaches? What if the season starts and the panthers don’t have a coach? What if we have to shutter the team?

Just now, jb2288 said:

Bieniemy comes to mind but he's gone 4 cycles now without a HC offer. I'm not sure what the deal is with him, but nobody seems to want to hire him

Absolutely not, there is a reason he keeps getting interviewed but not hired, and it has nothing to do with his skin color.  It's pretty clear that the NFL world doesn't view him as a HC, most likely because it's long been talked about how he doesn't have good relationships with players.  

If you can't have a good relationship with the best player in the game in Mahomes, then you don't deserve to be an NFL HC.  Let Colorado hire him like they most likely will, he's a train wreck for any NFL team that hires him.

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

As much as I want the next McVay type, I'm not a fan of the risk that comes along with it in case it doesn't work out, if so, we're screwed for literally the next 5-8 years at minimum.

My top choice is Dan Quinn, second for me would be Mike Tomlin as I just have a feeling him and the Steelers will mutually decide to part ways after this season and he'd be an absolute home run hire.

I'd much rather take a shot an an offensive guy now than be 7-9 for four years until we fire Quinn and take a shot on an offensive guy.

3 minutes ago, Growl said:

Why wouldn’t other teams hire all the head coaches? What if the season starts and the panthers don’t have a coach? What if we have to shutter the team?

what are you even saying here...

If the Saints have the option to trade the rights of Payton to ANY team outside of the NFC South looking for a coach, why would they trade him to us?

Cardinals

Broncos

Commanders

Lions

Bengals

Titans

Texans 

are all teams that will most likely be involved in the next HC hiring cycle

7 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Bieniemy comes to mind but he's gone 4 cycles now without a HC offer. I'm not sure what the deal is with him, but nobody seems to want to hire him

I think Steichen in Philly has done remarkable things with Hurts and has proven to be one of the better up and coming offensive minds with that scheme.

Shane Waldron doing what hes done in Seattle this season with Geno Smith and his McVay pedigree is really appealing.  Also you know Fitterer is going to hear about him from his Seattle connections.

Edited by stan786
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

If the Saints have the option to trade the rights of Payton to ANY team outside of the NFC South looking for a coach, why would they trade him to us?

Cardinals

Broncos

Commanders

Lions

Bengals

Titans

Texans 

thanks I know how the process works, the point is that the panthers aren’t going to do nothing just because other teams are doing something 

also lol at just adding random teams

the bengals?

Edited by Growl

2 minutes ago, stan786 said:

I'd much rather take a shot an an offensive guy now than be 7-9 for four years until we fire Quinn and take a shot on an offensive guy.

I've said it in another thread, but part of my stipulation with hiring Quinn would be that he hires a young innovative OC that he turns 100% control of the offense over to so we don't fall into a Ron Rivera situation again with 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense like so many defensive minded HC's fall into.

However, I'm not totally concerned about that from Quinn, it's not like the Falcons had bad offenses during his time there, Ryan aired it out quite a bit.  

My problem with taking that shot on a young offensive minded guy is if it doesn't work out, it will set us WAY back, I'd much rather go safer with this hire and worst case scenario, they help build a culture here that could be carried over to the next HC, basically what I think is happening in Detroit right now with Dan Campbell.

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Cardinals

Broncos

Commanders

Lions

Bengals

Titans

Texans 

Chargers. AFC team and they already run Payton's offense.