• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ben Johnson, DeMeco Ryans, Dan Quinn, Brian Flores, Ken Dorsey

jb2288

2 hours ago, Mage said:

I'd bet my last damn dollar that Tepper goes for an offensive coach.

You don't watch this team for the last 3 years, see the offensive output, and don't hire someone that is considered an "offensive genius."  That will be by far the #1 thing he looks for because right now, the goal for the Panthers is to put asses back in seats.  

Same

Also don’t think it’ll be someone young/first time HC since he was just burnt by Rhule

I’m guessing Payton is who he wants but can he get him is the question 

8 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Also don’t think it’ll be someone young/first time HC since he was just burnt by Rhule

Rhule was a college coach...not an NFL coach.  Not fair to eliminate other 1st time HC's who have shown success at building their side of the ball in the NFL. Also important, who are the coaches they would look to bring on to their staff. Bet they would be NFL guys. 

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

Tired of hiring coordinators and waiting for them to grow into the position. If they are out there I want an ex nfl head coach who can step in and help us win right away instead of years down the road.

Most NFL head coaches who are guaranteed to win right away have jobs, the fact they were not winning is usually the reason they are available.

Who is on your short list of available, proven guys?

7 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

It's easier to find a competent DC than OC, hands down.  That being said, could we for ONCE in Panthers history go after a offensive minded HC and just hire a damn good DC?

This is clearly the winning formula in the modern NFL and I hope Tepper sees it

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

Also, I say this knowing it might be met with some hostility, but I want a minority hire for both OC and DC if possible.

I think it's the dumbest rule ever, but there is a significant advantage to hiring minorities in those positions if they're good enough to get an HC job at some point in the near future now that you get draft picks when they get stolen from you.  I believe having an OC or DC getting hired as an HC gets you a 3rd round pick in the next draft, and we badly need to get some more picks in that range given how many we've been trading away over the years.

I don't want to make any hire based solely on that, but if there are good enough candidates there, I think the potential upside a few years later is worth the shot.

Im pretty sure its the team that has them in place IE the 9ers would get a 3rd for Demarco.