• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Now that Rhule has been let go: Time to Suck Proud for Stroud

Varking

19 hours ago, scratched said:

I’m not willing to take a shot at a QB in the top of any draft. Too much of a crap shoot! We find a top tier QB in free agency and build depth. We need another WR, a couple TEs, Linebacker is definitely a need as well as Safety. And from the looks of it, a quality 2nd RB would be nice to have. Draft QB in middle rounds to groom until we have some consistency with the coaching staff. We all have opinions, and that’s mine. Right now if we had an above average QB, and were winning, we would still be one injury away at WR, RB, or DE to be a bottom feeder in the league. 

I understand what you're saying in theory. Here's the problem. We've been trying to find a top tier QB in Free Agency... but they dont want to come here.  We've been scrapping the bottom of the barrel for QB's the last year. When we made big offers to Deshaun, we got hosed. This means its time to draft one. 

New's Flash: We are already a bottom feeder in the league. We're the worst. 

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, TheWiz said:

I understand what you're saying in theory. Here's the problem. We've been trying to find a top tier QB in Free Agency... but they dont want to come here.  We've been scrapping the bottom of the barrel for QB's the last year. When we made big offers to Deshaun, we got hosed. This means its time to draft one. 

New's Flash: We are already a bottom feeder in the league. We're the worst. 

I said “IF WE HAD AN ABOVE AVERAGE QB AMD WERE WINNING”. 

23 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

why does that matter?

It matters because the system that Ryan Day runs makes QB’s look better than they are. They are notorious for busting. I don’t think there’s ever been a successful NFL QB from Ohio St. in the NFL

• Beer 1
  • The D 1

51 minutes ago, MtnJax said:

Just hell no on Stroud. Name the last Ohio State QB who was worth a fug in the NFL.

46 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

why does that matter

It matters b/c Ohio State QB;s never pan out in the NFL. I'm 51 years old and can clearly remember EVERY NFL SEASON since 1979. That's over 40 years worth of games. I've seen a lot of players come and go. In that time span OHIO STATE has never produced a successful NFL QB.

If Stroud fell to us in the draft and a great OC or HC was leading the offense I "might" could support taking him. No way would I lose games intentionally to draft him. It seems like whenever a team needs a QB, everyone feels they need to grab a QB in the top 10 if they have the pick. Unfortunately, the colleges simply don't put out "franshise" QB's every year. Take look at the link below to see just how many 1st rounder have flamed out in the pro after they were taken in the 1st round.

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/qb

Don't read the entire chart (unless you have a bunch of time). Just start at 2010. Most of the first rounders don't pan out. If a QB is good we should take them, but we can't afford to reach at that position.

PS: That chart goes back to 1937. I bet you won't find one Ohio State player who excelled in the NFL as a quarterback.

• The D 1

43 minutes ago, roaddog96 said:

It matters because the system that Ryan Day runs makes QB’s look better than they are. They are notorious for busting. I don’t think there’s ever been a successful NFL QB from Ohio St. in the NFL

who is they that have busted?

Couldnt you say the same for LSU qb's?

14 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

It matters b/c Ohio State QB;s never pan out in the NFL. I'm 51 years old and can clearly remember EVERY NFL SEASON since 1979. That's over 40 years worth of games. I've seen a lot of players come and go. In that time span OHIO STATE has never produced a successful NFL QB.

If Stroud fell to us in the draft and a great OC or HC was leading the offense I "might" could support taking him. No way would I lose games intentionally to draft him. It seems like whenever a team needs a QB, everyone feels they need to grab a QB in the top 10 if they have the pick. Unfortunately, the colleges simply don't put out "franshise" QB's every year. Take look at the link below to see just how many 1st rounder have flamed out in the pro after they were taken in the 1st round.

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/qb

Don't read the entire chart (unless you have a bunch of time). Just start at 2010. Most of the first rounders don't pan out. If a QB is good we should take them, but we can't afford to reach at that position.

PS: That chart goes back to 1937. I bet you won't find one Ohio State player who excelled in the NFL as a quarterback.

you could apply that to a ton of schools

scouting the helmet is fuging stupid

• Pie 1