• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Step 1… Rhule had to go Step 2…. Need to trade CMC Step 3… We MUST TANK

TheBigKat

Just now, PNW_PantherMan said:

Feels like we might as well just keep him through next year at least.  His value is probably not great right now because everyone looks bad in this offense.

its honestly the best move, unless a team is willing to eat some of the financials. However, that would impact the compensation. Right now, CMC is not the issue with our team.

• Beer 1

32 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

LOL no we don't need to trade CMC

exactly. we've got PJ and idiot McAdoodoo running the offense right now, no reason to ship McCaffrey out for pennies on the dollar. At this point just stick with him, his talent when healthy is another selling point for head coach candidates. Our rock solid OL, McCaffrey, Moore and a top draft pick is a lot of ammo to put together a legit offense. Defense pieces I would say are already there. This team isn't far off with hitting on a QB next draft and hiring a legit HC.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

It really concerns me that people are thinking CJ Stroud and Bryce Young are such guaranteed prospects that we should tank for them. Ohio State QB's NEVER pan out in the NFL. I don't think Alabama has produced a Pro Bowl QB since Ken Stabler in the 1970's.

BAMA and Ohio State are always in the top 5-10 in terms of recruiting. When those teams play on Saturdays, they are usually the most talented team at almost every position on the field. Of course their QB's look dominant. Then they get to pros. The high draft slots put them on crappy teams that are talent deficient and they began to look mortal. 

I'd rather take may chance on a QB who puts up numbers in a solid conference where he is going up against more talented teams week in and week out.

Edited by SCO96

The trade CMC talk needs to stop, he's still one of the best weapons in the game, and if we FINALLY do the smart thing and make him mostly a slot WR who takes 10 hand-offs a game as well, then his contract isn't bad.

He's our Deebo and needs to be looked at and used as such moving forward

• Beer 3

20 minutes ago, t96 said:

exactly. we've got PJ and idiot McAdoodoo running the offense right now, no reason to ship McCaffrey out for pennies on the dollar. At this point just stick with him, his talent when healthy is another selling point for head coach candidates. Our rock solid OL, McCaffrey, Moore and a top draft pick is a lot of ammo to put together a legit offense. Defense pieces I would say are already there. This team isn't far off with hitting on a QB next draft and hiring a legit HC.

Yep..I might add can we please get a legit TE finally. Cmac and a TE that can catch will help the rookie QB a ton

• Beer 2

• 11 months later...
On 10/10/2022 at 1:13 PM, TheBigKat said:

This is a multi step poo cleanup

were a season too late on letting Rhule go but whatever.

This team needs to reload the draft cabinet and the way to start is trading CMC

teams like BUF and BAL will have no problems trading for him if they’re all in for this season. 

We need to embrace the suck…. This isn’t a let’s win one for Wilks and get the #7 pick. This is a Jimmy Clausen John Fox lame duck year and TANK. PJ Trash Walker is the starter from here on out, DJ/Horn/Burns to the IR for hurt feelings and let’s head into 2023 with a draft cabinet full and two 1st round picks one of which is 1 and the other is 25-32

Mr. Tepper.... I said this in October 2022, you didn't listen to me. Look at your franchise sir