• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Takeaways: Reading between the lines

NAS

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

Agreed, despite those flashes of humility, the overall tone was standoff-ish and angry.  He clearly didn't like being called out of the turnover and Rovk Hill stuff.  He also did not want to fully acknowledge or own ALL of the failure that has persisted under his charge.

"repeat that"

"what do you mean?"

"I already answered that"

"what specifically are you asking"

He sound like his diaper was full.... 

47 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If you read what Tepper said as meaning Fitterer is in danger, you're not "reading between", you're "reading in".

It’s called an opinion, this is what we do here on the message board. We’re not reporters but I don’t think it’s a stretch to say Fitterer didn’t get a ringing endorsement by Tepper today. Therefore his job will be up for discussion at the end of the season. 

I like Fitterer but I am not sure what happened behind closed doors and how much of the bad trades, specifically at QB will be put on Rhule vs Fitt

3 minutes ago, NAS said:

It’s called an opinion, this is what we do here on the message board. We’re not reporters but I don’t think it’s a stretch to say Fitterer didn’t get a ringing endorsement by Tepper today. Therefore his job will be up for discussion at the end of the season.

I like Fitterer but I am not sure what happened behind closed doors and how much of the bad trades, specifically at QB will be put on Rhule vs Fitt

If you put a guy in a position where he doesn't have final authority, how do you then hold him responsible for the guy who did have authority sucking?

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

If you put a guy in a position where he doesn't have final authority, how do you then hold him responsible for the guy who did have authority sucking?

Which is why he hasn’t been fired yet. My guess is that Tepper will hire some consultants to help him with, not only the coaching search, but whether Scott should stay on and what the balance will be with the future GM and Head Coach.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Mike Kaye's clarification on what was said...

It's impossible to tell who's responsible for all the QB trades and whatnot, and he's probably not trading FOR any other players the rest of the year so it's kinda hard to get a read on if anything has changed on the GM level for the rest of the year. I feel like Tepper did make a comment about how we should be in a better position with the cap and draft picks than we are currently going into next year, but again it's still unclear how much Rhule pushed for all the win now trade stuff

• Beer 1