• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How could we not give Fitt another chance?!?

DMathematics

25 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Because he has the job. That's not difficult.

Wi the regard to the comment, it was specifically describing how Tepper is viewed around the league, so ..yeah.

As far as what I've seen, the offensive line would be the first thing (and in one offseason, no less). And again, Tepper himself said the roster has improved over the past few years.

Do you think he's crediting the guy he just fired with that?

Of course Tepper is going to dress it up for us fans. What do you want him to say? It’s awful we are terrible. 
We haven’t won’t more than 5 games with Fitt’s roster and our cap is terrible next year. I do find it funny you are using Tepper’s words stating we have got better, while also mentioning he isn’t viewed well around the league. 
Strickly from a GM a standpoint we have a bottom tier roster in which it has been reported our interm coach said (behind close doors) some players don’t belong in the NFL. We still are missing the most important position in QB. Our cap situation is one of the worst next year and you think it would be unfair to fire the GM? 
If you can’t blame him for the roster or cap situation he really hasn’t done poo at all then. Drafting 1st with no cap space usually means the GM and coach didn’t do their jobs well…

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Good GMs don't give 17 million to Ian Thomas. Or make scrubs like Erving and Elflein their priority day 1 FA signings. Or trade a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th for Darnold, Mayfield and CJ Henderson.

It's all Rhule's influence? After every one of these dumbfug moves we've made, Fitt has been at the following press conference with a big stupid grin on his face, all psyched about that move. There's been ZERO indication that he's butted heads with Rhule. They've been the dynamic stupid duo, working side by side together with every one of these dumbass signings and trades we've made.

Fitt is garbage and needs to follow Rhule out the door.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

27 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Of course Tepper is going to dress it up for us fans. What do you want him to say? It’s awful we are terrible. 
We haven’t won’t more than 5 games with Fitt’s roster and our cap is terrible next year. I do find it funny you are using Tepper’s words stating we have got better, while also mentioning he isn’t viewed well around the league. 
Strickly from a GM a standpoint we have a bottom tier roster in which it has been reported our interm coach said (behind close doors) some players don’t belong in the NFL. We still are missing the most important position in QB. Our cap situation is one of the worst next year and you think it would be unfair to fire the GM? 
If you can’t blame him for the roster or cap situation he really hasn’t done poo at all then. Drafting 1st with no cap space usually means the GM and coach didn’t do their jobs well…

Tepper isn't viewed well around the league, but last time I checked he's still in charge of who works here. So if he thinks the roster is good, who does he credit?

In your mind, our roster being bad is Fitterer's fault (Fitt's roster - your words) even though he didn't have roster control, because...you say so?

If Tepper thinks the roster is good, is it still "Fitt's roster" or does that change?

And despite it being stated that Rhule had control of the quarterback situation, he's to blame for that as well...why exactly?

Did Fitterer also seek out the former Temple and Baylor players on our roster because...he just thought it'd be a good idea?

You'rve stated more than once that it's impossible to know who did what, yet now you're ready to put all the blame on Fitterer...why? To win the argument?

You're tying yourself in some major knots here...

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Tepper isn't viewed well around the league, but last time I checked he's still in charge of who works here. So if he thinks the roster is good, who does he credit?

In your mind, our roster being bad is Fitterer's fault (Fitt's roster - your words) even though he didn't have roster control, because...you say so?

And despite it being stated that Rhule had control of the quarterback situation, he's to blame for that as well...why exactly?

Did Fitterer also seek out the former Temple and Baylor players on our roster because...he just thought it'd be a good idea?

You'rve stated more than once that it's impossible to know who did what, yet now you're ready to put all the blame on Fitterer...why? To win the argument?

You're trying yourself in some major knots here...

Tepper may think the roster is good (I think it’s PR talk), but if YOU chose to believe it you are believing the man that thought Rhule was a good coach. Also that wanted to trade the farm for Watson. So you keep believing him, but I’m going to remain skeptical…

You are doing the same exact thing and don’t even realize it. You credited Fitt for the OL but he doesn’t have roster control right?? So good job Rhule fixing the OL?

If Fitt wasn’t responsible for any roster moves which I highly doubt, was he also no in charge of contracts? Is our salary cap mess not his fault either? 

My whole point is Fitt can’t avoid responsibility completely for the situation we are in. He either did absolutely nothing and hasn’t proven anything or he had involvement and is partially responsible for the mess we are in. Either way he isn’t “owed” the job…

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

I can’t believe some want to keep Fit. He accepted this job because Rhule had most of the control. He isn’t a legit GM. And even still he had some say in the decisions at the least and they were god fuging awful.

Why not keep the entire team since Rhule held everyone back? Because you know when someone is awful despite the fact. Keeping Fit would be incredibly stupid.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Tepper may think the roster is good (I think it’s PR talk), but if YOU chose to believe it you are believing the man that thought Rhule was a good coach. Also that wanted to trade the farm for Watson. So you keep believing him, but I’m going to remain skeptical…

You are doing the same exact thing and don’t even realize it. You credited Fitt for the OL but he doesn’t have roster control right?? So good job Rhule fixing the OL?

If Fitt wasn’t responsible for any roster moves which I highly doubt, was he also no in charge of contracts? Is our salary cap mess not his fault either? 

My whole point is Fitt can’t avoid responsibility completely for the situation we are in. He either did absolutely nothing and hasn’t proven anything or he had involvement and is partially responsible for the mess we are in. Either way he isn’t “owed” the job…

What Tepper thinks of the roster affects what he decides about whether Fitterer stays. Whether I agree or not doesn't matter.

As far as the OL, remember we heard things shifted on the personnel fronts. That's why I'm comfortable giving Fitterer (and Morgan) credit for their work.

Also again, I'm arguing for Fitterer to be given the chance to operate without Matt Rhule. You're arguing that he deserves to be fired regardless of what happened in a situation where he did not have final say.

Does that really seem reasonable to you?

If it does, I can't help you.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, onmyown said:

I can’t believe some want to keep Fit. He accepted this job because Rhule had most of the control. He isn’t a legit GM. And even still he had some say in the decisions at the least and they were god fuging awful.

Why not keep the entire team since Rhule held everyone back? Because you know when someone is awful despite the fact. Keeping Fit would be incredibly stupid.

Fitt is a GM cuck.  If he accepted the job knowing he wasnt going to be able to decide roster control then thats on him. 

• The D 2

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

What Tepper thinks of the roster affects what he decides about whether Fitterer stays. Whether I agree or not doesn't matter.

As far as the OL, remember we heard things shifted on the personnel fronts. That's why I'm comfortable giving Fitterer (and Morgan) credit for their work.

Also again, I'm arguing for Fitterer to be given the chance to operate without Matt Rhule. You're arguing that he deserves to be fired regardless of what happened in a situation where he did not have final say.

Does that really seem reasonable to you?

If it does, I can't help you.

My point is Tepper is going to paint a picture to make himself look better.  Acting like we have gotten better is showing he didn’t totally botch his hires (like he did).

The Huddke heard things have shifted on that front, but he has never been stated Rhule lost roster control. You are just assuming because you like some of the moves. 

Again who is responsible for these terrible contracts? Is Rhule restructuring contracts as well and signing Erving and company to bad deals? 

You really have to let go of this whole “he had no final say so he shouldn’t be fired” spill. He did something these past 3 years that has contributed to where we are at as a franchise. I’m going to have to remember that line if my boss ever tries to fire me… “you can’t because I don’t have final say on everything.” That’s just not how the world works. As stated he took the job knowing the situation and we failed to be a complete team for these 3 years. If they fired him I can see it as justified. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

There is this weird thing on the huddle with some folks where the GM after Hurney is anointed to a status never earned and given free passes until it is abundantly clear he was bad too. This happened with Dave Gettleman and it started early with Scott Fitterer. Maybe we keep Fitt maybe we don't but if we don't it would absolutely be justifiable.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

There is this weird thing on the huddle with some folks where the GM after Hurney is anointed to a status never earned and given free passes until it is abundantly clear he was bad too. This happened with Dave Gettleman and it started early with Scott Fitterer. Maybe we keep Fitt maybe we don't but if we don't it would absolutely be justifiable.

Yeah I really don’t understand it. He was a (more that likely) big part of our staff that got us to this terrible state. The “it’s unfair to fire him” is just odd. I’m still surprised at the “if you fire him his friend won’t take a promotion” view too. Can you imagine Dan Morgan being like “no I won’t take this promotion with more pay/responsibility because you fired my buddy.” 
Also what happens if our new coach is a Sean Payton and wants final roster control? I guess we could never fire Fitt. It’s a high paying job with no responsibility apparently…

• Beer 1