• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fowler just went IN on Tepper after that press conference yesterday

Ricky Spanish

Some people in this fan base are just completely clueless. This article was long over due and honestly should have been much more scathing, but give Scott credit, someone finally called out this owner.

this is all you can ask from your local media. To hold the incompetent ones in power accountable, but yet many in this thread are bashing Fowler. Laughable the mindset of some who root for this team.

unfollow and go follow the will Kunkels, joe persons, David newtons, and who ever the observer is employing on the beat this week of the worlds. I for one appreciate this from Fowler and hope it’s just the beginning.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

5 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Jesus Fowler. What a bitch move. 

Also, bringing up the Angel Ramirez firing like it was a bad thing is horseshit. The players quit playing for him, the coaches quit coaching for him. Angel was a toxic piece of poo that treated everyone like they were dirt. Players literally stopped showing up to practice.

That’s not entirely accurate… as someone who follows Charlotte FC extensively… players did not stop showing up for training… the Twitter account TopBin90 (Charlotte FC rumor account) never mentioned anything like that.

What was mentioned was that MAR was frustrated with the budget for the team which led to his iconic interviews where he said “We (Charlotte FC) are fugged” (translated from Spanish) and “I’m not Harry Potter, I can’t do magic.”

Additionally, many players liked MAR and even showed up at his house to say goodbye, many also didn’t like him (ex. Anton Walkes).

The disconnect stemmed from the budget. It’s obvious that MAR wanted to spend big as where Tepper and Krneta wanted to be budget team.

There were certainly other issues like MAR’s unwillingness to trust MLS players and his preference of foreign players, but overall both Tepper and Krneta deserve the blame for making the hire in the first place… just like Tepper deserves the blame for hiring Rhule.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1

30 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

Some people in this fan base are just completely clueless. This article was long over due and honestly should have been much more scathing, but give Scott credit, someone finally called out this owner.

this is all you can ask from your local media. To hold the incompetent ones in power accountable, but yet many in this thread are bashing Fowler. Laughable the mindset of some who root for this team.

unfollow and go follow the will Kunkels, joe persons, David newtons, and who ever the observer is employing on the beat this week of the worlds. I for one appreciate this from Fowler and hope it’s just the beginning.

Couldn’t agree more. I’m honestly stunned Tepper has any supporters left. I’m no Fowler fan but props to him for writing this. Richardson should have had a similar one, Jordan needs one as well. 

it’s time to take the kids gloves off with these billionaire owners in Charlotte and start rocking the boat a bit. 

• Pie 1

There is lots to bitch about with Tepper but replacing Ramirez with Lattansio was a very good move. We have a good defense and aggressive young players that form a good core while we bring in more firepower. Sound familiar.? No the problem with the Ramirez hiring is the same thing with Rhule being hired. Why did you think this would be a good idea in the first place???? There were redflags with both of them and Tepper let other folks talk him into something instead of hiring a consultant or two who has the proven ability to find the right guy. If Tepper hadn't given Rhule so big a contract he could have walked away sooner when they realized their mistake. At least they didnt wait with Ramirez. Tepper has been humbled over several mistakes and surely needs to stop acting like he has good instincts because he doesn't.  Let's be serious, who gives a guy total control and then sits back when he hires college coaches with little NFL experience. If Rhule had brought in NFL guys his first year who knows what we could have done.  But Tepper has to get it right because even loyal psl owners are selling their tickets because losing 9 out of 10 of your last home games kills morale and makes the tailgate the only good part of the game day experience.

• Beer 1

18 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

There is lots to bitch about with Tepper but replacing Ramirez with Lattansio was a very good move. We have a good defense and aggressive young players that form a good core while we bring in more firepower. Sound familiar.? No the problem with the Ramirez hiring is the same thing with Rhule being hired. Why did you think this would be a good idea in the first place???? There were redflags with both of them and Tepper let other folks talk him into something instead of hiring a consultant or two who has the proven ability to find the right guy. If Tepper hadn't given Rhule so big a contract he could have walked away sooner when they realized their mistake. At least they didnt wait with Ramirez. Tepper has been humbled over several mistakes and surely needs to stop acting like he has good instincts because he doesn't.  Let's be serious, who gives a guy total control and then sits back when he hires college coaches with little NFL experience. If Rhule had brought in NFL guys his first year who knows what we could have done.  But Tepper has to get it right because even loyal psl owners are selling their tickets because losing 9 out of 10 of your last home games kills morale and makes the tailgate the only good part of the game day experience.

Just not sure how someone reads that entire article and comes away with Fowler was wrong for bringing up the firing of the soccer coach. The big picture is is he’s now fired 3 coaches mid season and is on his 6th total coach. He’s on 2 gms and multiple team presidents. He has had to major projects fall through.

even if this soccer coach sucked, Tepper still hired him. The only constant in this is Tepper.

53 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

That’s not entirely accurate… as someone who follows Charlotte FC extensively… players did not stop showing up for training… the Twitter account TopBin90 (Charlotte FC rumor account) never mentioned anything like that.

What was mentioned was that MAR was frustrated with the budget for the team which led to his iconic interviews where he said “We (Charlotte FC) are fugged” (translated from Spanish) and “I’m not Harry Potter, I can’t do magic.”

Additionally, many players liked MAR and even showed up at his house to say goodbye, many also didn’t like him (ex. Anton Walkes).

The disconnect stemmed from the budget. It’s obvious that MAR wanted to spend big as where Tepper and Krneta wanted to be budget team.

There were certainly other issues like MAR’s unwillingness to trust MLS players and his preference of foreign players, but overall both Tepper and Krneta deserve the blame for making the hire in the first place… just like Tepper deserves the blame for hiring Rhule.

Swiderski and Fuchs literally didn’t come to practice the two days leading into MAR getting fired. 

since you follow them extensively you know how Fuchs responded once MAR was fired…. 
the team gave up on MAR and the team knew it.

6 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Swiderski and Fuchs literally didn’t come to practice the two days leading into MAR getting fired. 

since you follow them extensively you know how Fuchs responded once MAR was fired…. 
the team gave up on MAR and the team knew it.

Fuchs was never absent and Swiderski was on international duty…. not sure where you got the idea that the team captain bailed on training… but that didn’t happen.

Fuchs obviously didn’t agree with the way that MAR managed the team but like I said, MAR had his fair share of supporters.

And as I previously mentioned, a lot of the riff came from the budget. MAR wanted better players and Krneta and Tepper told him that there was a budget.

Relieving MAR of his duties and replacing him with Lattanzio was the right choice but not all of your facts are accurate.

And as I said before, Tepper and Krneta deserve the blame for hiring MAR in the first place. MAR hadn’t lasted more than two years in any of previous managerial positions, so why exactly would Tepper and Krneta think he would in Charlotte…

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Fuchs was never absent and Swiderski was on international duty…. not sure where you got the idea that the team captain bailed on training… but that didn’t happen.

Fuchs obviously didn’t agree with the way that MAR managed the team but like I said, MAR had his fair share of supporters.

And as I previously mentioned, a lot of the riff came from the budget. MAR wanted better players and Krneta and Tepper told him that there was a budget.

Relieving MAR of his duties and replacing him with Lattanzio was the right choice but not all of your facts are accurate.

And as I said before, Tepper and Krneta deserve the blame for hiring MAR in the first place. MAR hadn’t lasted more than two years in any of previous managerial positions, so why exactly would Tepper and Krneta think he would in Charlotte…

This is good information about the front office clash. I know that it was going all over social media that Fuchs and Swiderski were not fans of MAR, and were no shows to the practices prior to his firing. Fuchs was pretty rough on MAR during his post firing presser, even after being told by the team’s PR group not to discuss it.

6 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Jesus Fowler. What a bitch move. 

Also, bringing up the Angel Ramirez firing like it was a bad thing is horseshit. The players quit playing for him, the coaches quit coaching for him. Angel was a toxic piece of poo that treated everyone like they were dirt. Players literally stopped showing up to practice.

It’s a bitch move to call out a trash owner who talks all this poo? Lol weirdo 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

It’s a bitch move to call out a trash owner who talks all this poo? Lol weirdo 

Yes. He used his company’s platform to make a personal attack at tepper bc he didn’t like the way tepper treated him yesterday. I’ll never defend media, bc it’s just a dick measuring contest.

fowler has been writing articles in spite of tepper since he came here, that’s why tepper was short with him. So the next day… Fowler release this. 

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Yes. He used his company’s platform to make a personal attack at tepper bc he didn’t like the way tepper treated him yesterday. I’ll never defend media, bc it’s just a dick measuring contest.

fowler has been writing articles in spite of tepper since he came here, that’s why tepper was short with him. So the next day… Fowler release this. 

As bad of a take as I’ve seen on here. Tepper has been nothing short of a dumpster fire since getting here. He acted like a child in press conference yesterday. Fowler called him out on his BS. Best piece of writing by the local media on this franchise in a decade.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

This is good information about the front office clash. I know that it was going all over social media that Fuchs and Swiderski were not fans of MAR, and were no shows to the practices prior to his firing. Fuchs was pretty rough on MAR during his post firing presser, even after being told by the team’s PR group not to discuss it.

I mean if anyone knows what a good manager looks like it’s Fuchs… coming over as an EPL champion, he knows exactly how a team should be run.

Charlotte was a mess from the get go, a lot of transfers fell through, the team president left, MAR was in way over his head (the MLS is one of the more difficult soccer leagues to coach in because they have some wacky organizational rules), and there was a disconnect between a lot of the players and MAR.

Lattanzio did a great job filling in and once he found his group of guys toward the end of the season, the team started getting results.

All this to say, I think Tepper should be involved in the process of hiring the coaches for his respective teams, after all, he bought the teams. But at the end of the day (shoutout Matt Rhule), people are in place who know more than him about the sport that he is… just a fan of… at some point he needs to let the people who know football run the football team (both football teams).

Fowler should have taken the high road but in reality, his questions were valid… why is there so much turnover between all of Tepper’s organizations when the only common denominator is… Tepper.

• Pie 2