• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ and Eason time

Jackie Lee

22 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

PJ has gotten 100% of the reps since Tuesday. Eason getting reps means that Baker will not be active on Gameday. This is completely procedural in case something goes wrong with PJ on Sunday. Sounds like QBs 4 and 5 will be active for us on Sunday. 

So was PJ getting first team reps before Baker got hurt?  Is that normal?

22 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

He actually looked a little bit improved with the Seahawks vs that Colts preseason year. Looked more comfortable, throwing more accurate

His biggest problem is when things break down.  He has a big arm, but he is literally worse than Steve Beurlein in the pocket.  Very bad mobility combined with no sense of pressure or where/when to step up ala Tom Brady.

• Beer 1

37 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

So was PJ getting first team reps before Baker got hurt?  Is that normal?

PJ didnt need to.. he spent all of offseason and pre-season working in the offense with the 1s occasionaly. Eason has only been with the practice squad. He has very little experience with the 1s or the flow of the offense. 

Are you really trying to defend this right now? Very odd. What do you think is going otherwise?

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1

9 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

PJ didnt need to.. he spent all of offseason and pre-season working in the offense with the 1s occasionaly. Eason has only been with the practice squad. He has very little experience with the 1s or the flow of the offense. 

Are you really trying to defend this right now? Very odd. What do you think is going otherwise?

Defend what?  I'm just pointing out that its interesting Eason is getting 1st team reps.  If the 2nd team QB is getting 1st team reps every week then that's news to me.

8 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Defend what?  I'm just pointing out that its interesting Eason is getting 1st team reps.  If the 2nd team QB is getting 1st team reps every week then that's news to me.

Maybe I misunderstood what you were stating... So apologies. Here is my clarification: Eason has no experience in our offense and having him take reps with the 1s is common in this situation. 49ers had 3 QBs taking reps with the 1s the year Jimmy G tore his ACL. 

You have to get the players acclimated with the offense that have been on the scout team. They arent normally involved in the gameplan. Sounds like our coaching staff is just focusing on being prepared if any injuries or atrocious play might occur.

• Pie 2

Just now, TheCasillas said:

Maybe I misunderstood what you were stating... So apologies. Here is my clarification: Eason has no experience in our offense and having him take reps with the 1s is common in this situation. 49ers had 3 QBs taking reps with the 1s the year Jimmy G tore his ACL. 

You have to get the players acclimated with the offense that have been on the scout team. They arent normally involved in the gameplan. Sounds like our coaching staff is just focusing on being prepared if any injuries or atrocious play might occur.

Garoppolo is a funny name to mention in this circumstance 😃