• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I was on the tank bandwagon, but after looking more further, I say we just roll with Corral and draft BPA.

panthersgreenville

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

The fact is, it's pretty much ignorant Huddlers who've given up on Corral. The experts will at least consider  the totality of the context before spewing opinions.

This is just hilarious. I've said over and over that it'll be awesome if Corral proves to be the answer I just think it's a very, very long shot.

You've always done this stuff. Get ridiculously emotionally attached to your own opinion and then double and triple down and mock any other opinion and refuse to actually engage like a rational adult.

That's why I just treat you as entertainment. You don't act like someone who wants to be taken seriously.

Just now, ForJimmy said:

QB guru Steve Smith? What about the 31 other NFL staff members that wouldn’t even offer a 3rd to draft the guy?

All that means is that he was a developmental prospect, which I said from the very beginning. Moreover, you can't get caught up in the dynamics of a particular draft. Every team has a draft board, needs and desires. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is just hilarious. I've said over and over that it'll be awesome if Corral proves to be the answer I just think it's a very, very long shot.

You've always done this stuff. Get ridiculously emotionally attached to your own opinion and then double and triple down and mock any other opinion and refuse to actually engage like a rational adult.

That's why I just treat you as entertainment. You don't act like someone who wants to be taken seriously.

You would be a good poster if your takes and posts didn't cater to the Amen Corner.  So, I can't take anything that you take seriously either. Just being honest.

• Beer 2

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

All that means is that he was a developmental prospect, which I said from the very beginning. Moreover, you can't get caught up in the dynamics of a particular draft. Every team has a draft board, needs and desires. 

A QB that has “it” got overlooked by everyone but Steve Smith. If he is developmental then why are people concerned about Baker starting over him or us drafting one next year. Developmental QBs need time and don’t work out more times than not. 

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Give me one then.   A realistic scenario where he starts

In the scenario where we don't acquire a vet and presume to go with a rookie or Corral. You can presume that some rookie can simply beat Corral out if you like, butvI'm not going to do that. I think that any sensible coach will actually have a genuine competition.

12 minutes ago, top dawg said:

The fact is, it's pretty much ignorant Huddlers who've given up on Corral. The experts will at least consider  the totality of the context before spewing opinions.

He is a 3rd round pick. If we can get a better prospect in the first round go for it I say. I haven’t given up on him but I also realize he probably won’t ever start for us. 

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Give me one then.   A realistic scenario where he starts

I think it’s possible, unlikely, but conceivable, that we don’t take a QB this draft, sign some vet and Corral wins a camp battle with said vet. If we wind up picking like 5-10 range and the top QBs are gone we could easily go BPA with a new staff. Corral didn’t look good at all this offseason, that much is clear. But how much of that was McAdoo and Rhule fuging him up? I don’t know but it’s certainly possible he could do much better with a better staff and that he could wind up our best option.

Just now, top dawg said:

In the scenario where we don't acquire a vet and presume to go with a rookie or Corral. You can presume that some rookie can simply beat Corral out if you like, butvI'm not going to do that. I think that any sensible coach will actually have a genuine competition.

Yeah. No.  That’s not realistic that a new head coach is going to want basically 2 rookies and no vet in their qb room.  

Just now, t96 said:

I think it’s possible, unlikely, but conceivable, that we don’t take a QB this draft, sign some vet and Corral wins a camp battle with said vet. If we wind up picking like 5-10 range and the top QBs are gone we could easily go BPA with a new staff. Corral didn’t look good at all this offseason, that much is clear. But how much of that was McAdoo and Rhule fuging him up? I don’t know but it’s certainly possible he could do much better with a better staff and that he could wind up our best option.

I’ll bet anything we take a qb in the first this draft no matter position.  Right or wrong we are getting a qb.  Unless we trade for Lamar.  Lololololololol

5 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

He is a 3rd round pick. If we can get a better prospect in the first round go for it I say. I haven’t given up on him but I also realize he probably won’t ever start for us. 

This. We absolutely should not pass on good QB prospects because of Matt Corral.

He's on a cheap rookie contract so he's going to have every opportunity to earn a roster spot.

Have I given up on him? No. Do I hold very little hope for him becoming a high level NFL starting QB? Yes, that would be extremely fair to say.

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

I’ll bet anything we take a qb in the first this draft no matter position.  Right or wrong we are getting a qb.  Unless we trade for Lamar.  Lololololololol

I would say that’s extremely likely as well. But I also thought we’d take a QB each of the last 3 drafts... 

Just now, TLGPanthersFan said:

He may not, but it will be because a rookie has beaten him out. I think that it's presumptuous to think a rookie will simply win the job. I'm not saying that a rookie won't win the job, but I don't believe that any sensible coach will hand it to him without giving Corral a legit shot. I just don't see it. Corral has enough talent to compete with anyone drafted. That's just the way that I see it.