• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ADAM SCHEFTER: Panthers listening to Christian McCaffrey trade offers

TheSpecialJuan

I think CMC's likely value is somewhere around a 2nd round pick. Which is why I'd be trying to get a 1st out of the Bills. That pick is likely to be at or near the very bottom of the round. I'm treating their 1st like a 2nd and their 2nd like a 3rd. I need more than their 2nd. They need to sweeten that pot a little and not with a RB that I don't really want.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

Multiple firsts is the bar for an elite young quarterback. We look like idiots asking for that for a running back who has missed multiple games the last two seasons it doesn't matter how good people here think he is. And this after tucking tail and firing our 63 million dollar college head coach. It's gonna be awhile before we can dig ourselves out of full on joke status around the league.

Does really matter how it looks if teams want CMC? They are going to call and say "we arent going to give you 2 firsts, but we will start a 2nd and 3rd..." 

Then the negotiation process begins. Panthers are going to leak "Team is willing to negotiate on a couple mid round picks for CMC...."

They are hedging right now. They also wont have to waste time taking callings from teams who wont offer more than a 4th. 

This is pretty the same way private equity firms shop their investments if they dont see it going public.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

completelyfrank is the same person a needy miserable human.

Says the guy who followed me around for weeks and even asked about my relationship status. Get some better material.

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Does really matter how it looks if teams want CMC? They are going to call and say "we arent going to give you 2 firsts, but we will start a 2nd and 3rd..." 

Then the negotiation process begins. Panthers are going to leak "Team is willing to negotiate on a couple mid round picks for CMC...."

They are hedging right now. They also wont have to waste time taking callings from teams who wont offer more than a 4th. 

This is pretty the same way private equity firms shop their investments if they dont see it going public.

We can ask for whatever we still have no leverage in this everyone is clued in to our circumstances. If we got a 3rd that would be a small miracle and I would take it in an instant.

Edited by frankw

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Says the guy who followed me around for weeks and even asked about my relationship status. Get some better material.

We can ask for whatever we still have no leverage in this everyone is clued in to our circumstances. If we got a 3rd that would be a small miracle and I would take it in an instant.

its pretty evident that our circumstance is that we arent trading players just to trade them. Therefore we will always have leverage, bc they are buyers, but we are not yet sellers.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

6 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

its pretty evident that our circumstance is that we arent trading players just to trade them. Therefore we will always have leverage, bc they are buyers, but we are not yet sellers.

Oh that's fine we can maintain that position as long as we want it just leads us to the inevitable point where we simply cut McCaffrey within the next few seasons and hope and pray he doesn't miss multiple games again along the way. Your perception of leverage differs greatly from that of other general managers around the NFL.

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Oh that's fine we can maintain that position as long as we want it just leads us to the inevitable point where we simply cut McCaffrey within the next few seasons and hope and pray he doesn't miss multiple games again along the way. Your perception of leverage differs greatly from that of other general managers around the NFL.

That obviously is the fear.  We feed the ball the next few games to him and he gets hurt.....again.

• Beer 1

@mrcompletely11 has plenty of awful wrong troll-like takes, but on this CMC topic........fug....i share the same feelings.

honestly I know rhule/ben/balhablah balh CMC has not been elite this yr..... I think thats the main problem with this trade fluff. Other teams are watching games too and hes looked "average", hard for super fans to see. Contract is after thought given if a trade happens, there is no guarantees leftd thats ALL on the panthers side. He just hasnt shown the elite and his value has dropped some, imo. 

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

@mrcompletely11 has plenty of awful wrong troll-like takes, but on this CMC topic........fug....i share the same feelings.

honestly I know rhule/ben/balhablah balh CMC has not been elite this yr..... I think thats the main problem with this trade fluff. Other teams are watching games too and hes looked "average", hard for super fans to see. Contract is after thought given if a trade happens, there is no guarantees leftd thats ALL on the panthers side. He just hasnt shown the elite and his value has dropped some, imo. 

His takes are all troll coated. You are a rational poster so I'll tend to agree albeit with the sentiment that I don't think he's lost any ability.

Frankcompletely won't answer me on how his cap hit is "crippling us" yet won't acknowledge he's advocating to add to a ridiculous dead cap #.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Frankcompletely won't answer me on how his cap hit is "crippling us" yet won't acknowledge he's advocating to add to a ridiculous dead cap #.

Hey bud I haven't discussed his cap numbers in this thread do you even know who or what you're responding to? Must be day drinking. For the sake of clarity his cap hit is 19 million next year and the same in 2024. Next year it would result in 18.3 million in dead cap to cut him and 10.8 million in dead cap to cut him in 2024. We really do not have much if any leverage in this except in the minds of some Panthers fans.

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

If you want actual value out of a trade then you trade Brian Burns.... Contrary to the complain a fans the guy has a high trade value can net two 1s easy... especially to a 3-4 team...

I still don’t get that either. If you trade him then you just created another hole to fill. Asking the line to rely on Haynes as a pass rush is asking for total annihilation.

25 minutes ago, frankw said:

Do you know a GM personally? Pretty intersting that you can state that so certainly. If you know someone then by all means do share.

At the end of the day teams are trading contracts, and the dollar amount of those contracts are how franchise measure gaining value. Teams are not in the business to pay for other team's contracts.

Edited by TheCasillas
typo
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

Hey bud I haven't discussed his cap numbers in this thread do you even know who or what you're responding to? Must be day drinking. For the sake of clarity his cap hit is 19 million next year and the same in 2024. Next year it would result in 18.3 million in dead cap to cut him and 10.8 million in dead cap to cut him in 2024. We really do not have much if any leverage in this except in the minds of some Panthers fans.

I don't think you understand how this works...The dead cap on a trade is nearly identical to being cut....

Just like being cut his remaining bonus money will count immediately instead of being pro rated.