• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jones: Tepper now looking for "a young offensive mind"

Mr. Scot

Just now, TheCasillas said:

I need to see more from Ben Johnson before jumping on that train. Still plenty of season to go. At least with Steichen he has a resume for building offenses and coaching young QBs.

My top choices would still be Rich Bisaccia and Don Martindale.

But I see the way things are going...

51 minutes ago, panthersgreenville said:

Thank god, we need to draft a offensive minded HC to pair with our new QB we draft at no 1.

Not make the mistake of drafting a conservative minded Ron to pair with Cam like we did. 

I think it's safe to say that Ron shouldn't be allowed near any team that wants to compete in today's NFL, especially if they have a young QB to develop.

Having a head coach that cosigns head shots against you while demanding that you execute an offense with zero adjustments does not sound like a fun time.

Edited by Icege

I really like what Moore has done this season with the Cowboys, has had remap everything to a very limited QB and has found a ways to keep their offense competitive. Interested to see how he fares when Dak comes back. I also like Steichen a lot. He seems to be able to work with every kind of QB - Pocket pass like Herbert? Check, Hybrid like Hurts, Check. And, maybe it's just me, but he carries himself like a head coach. 

53 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

Until you remember that Tepper is an idiot. 

You think tepper comes up with trade value?   That's GM and also the first rule of trading is start high.   If we are just going to get a 4th or something is there really a benefit to even trading him?   Hes a perfect safety net for a young qb.  We aren't going to give away players just to give them away.  Unless its Robbie Anderson.

2 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Ben Johnson*, I edited my original post.

Johnson's been coaching since 2009, at the pro level since 2012.

His first three years were spent as an assistant at Boston College while some guy named Kuechly was playing there.

Edited by Mr. Scot

12 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I need to see more from Ben Johnson before jumping on that train. Still plenty of season to go. At least with Steichen he has a resume for building offenses and coaching young QBs.

As does the Jets OC Mike LaFluer, but he doesn't seem to be generating much buzz right now.

• Pie 1