• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sounds like Scott Fitterer will continue as Panthers GM in '23

TheSpecialJuan

8 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

In reality, it really is… until there are penalties for continuing to push money down the road teams will continue doing it.

That’s one reason that I don’t worry about the cap anymore. It’s all bullshit…

The question is why do it in the first place? The Saints did it for years because they had Brees and a 10 year Super Bowl window to keep their core roster together. We did it so Rhule could attempt to save his job by hoping players could "Play above the x's and o's" and get him like 7 wins instead of 5

5 minutes ago, Growl said:

teams should be punished for doing what it takes to be good? Lol

I think if you have a hard salary cap then you need to hold teams accountable for said cap and teams should be required to get under the cap much earlier than March. The season is over for most teams in January… giving teams two months to manipulate the cap is dumb. Otherwise let’s just say fug it and have a soft cap like the NBA and penalize teams for going over.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Thats true and all, but they were 10ish in the red before and now they are not. Hence below the cap. They were planning on cutting anderson, got a buyer and same affect. Yes draft class and need more players, but now they dont have anderson to worry with. top 51 count, Im sure you know that as well. 

Which number is accurate? If you want to pretend those 15 spots don’t exist, have at it. But the guy from OTC stated the real number 

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

The question is why do it in the first place? The Saints did it for years because they had Brees and a 10 year Super Bowl window to keep their core roster together. We did it so Rhule could attempt to save his job by hoping players could "Play above the x's and o's" and get him like 7 wins instead of 5

Right but in reality, every team should just kick the can… you get two months at the end of the year to figure out how to get under… I honestly think it’s dumb not to kick the can. I mean hell, just keep pushing it all off until we all die, the world ends, the NFL folds, whatever doomsday scenario you want, etc…

iants trick in simple terms

player X signs for 20 million for 4 years.

mickey says " we will give you one million each year"

player x "but I still get the 80 right"

Mickey - "of course"

current cap budget - 200 million

4 years from now cap budget- 270 million.  

salary in 4 years - 76 million and they cut you or start over again with a new 4 year deal...

7 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

iants were winning and panthers were losing. It only works well with winning teams. 

• Beer 1

I’m ok with this, despite some of his trades ranging from very bad (Sam Darnold) to questionable at best (CJ Henderson) I do like his aggressive philosophy and the fact he always seems to be pro active in willing to deal and make big moves unlike “the answer is on the roster” Hurney.

I would still take Fitt over Hurney any day if the week. 

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Right but in reality, every team should just kick the can… you get two months at the end of the year to figure out how to get under… I honestly think it’s dumb not to kick the can. I mean hell, just keep pushing it all off until we all die, the world ends, the NFL folds, whatever doomsday scenario you want, etc…

Yeah I get that perspective, but lets say we want whatever HC. They'll probably take a look at the cap space of the teams offering them the job. Our roster/cap space in 23' vs the actual good players still on the roster and $125M in cap space in 24' is pretty stark. We'll need to fill out like 20ish spots in 24' and I bet a new HC would prefer to work with a GM to have that much space to get specific guys for their vision