• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sounds like Scott Fitterer will continue as Panthers GM in '23

TheSpecialJuan

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

And if you sign a player to a one year deal it opens it up the following year anyway… never said we had to sign someone to a long term contract.

You have to have to sign players to PS. Call them up to active roster. Injured Reserve. That stuff isn’t free. Every team has to keep some available. What player was going to magically help on a 1 year/5M contract? Those are usually game changers….right? 

14 minutes ago, Toomers said:

And there is the problem. You really don’t understand how this works. Tepper(or any owner) isn’t saving any money with that. It carries over every year. It gets spent eventually. They restructured every contract they could to create cap room for everyone THIS year. And now have bad team that has to do it again just to field a hopefully below average team next year. 

If you don’t understand this simple concept, there really no reason to continue. 

The salary roll over has to be finalized on the day following the last regular season game… did Carolina say they were rolling over $10M last year? I couldn’t find that, maybe you can.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

4 minutes ago, Toomers said:

You have to have to sign players to PS. Call them up to active roster. Injured Reserve. That stuff isn’t free. Every team has to keep some available. What player was going to magically help on a 1 year/5M contract? Those are usually game changers….right? 

They don’t have to be game changers but they can certainly provide depth to a team that currently has none… James Bradberry has been what I’d call a game changer.

5 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

The salary roll over has to be finalized on the day following the last regular season game… did Carolina say they were rolling over $10M last year? I couldn’t find that, may be you can.

No they rolled over 4.67M. Every team has to be ABOVE the cap. So there is always rollover. 

Edited by Toomers

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

They don’t have to be game changers but they can certainly provide depth to a team that currently has none… James Bradberry has been what I’d call a game changer.

And they would still be 1-5 and and 5M less for next year. What’s the average guy on a 1/5M or less deal usually provide. 

4 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Before the season we had Horn, Jackson, and Henderson locked in as the starting CBs. It's a two way street, Bradberry would have to want to come here as well. Just because he took a fairly cheap deal with the Eagles to be a starter on a team coming off the playoffs doesn't mean he'd be willing to take the same deal to be the #3 or #4 CB for a team that was coming off its 3rd straight 5-win season. 

Edited by UNCrules2187
  • The D 1

4 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Before the season we had Horn, Jackson, and Henderson locked in as the starting CBs. It's a two way street, Bradberry would have to want to come here as well. Just because he took a fairly cheap deal with the Eagles to be a starter on a team coming off the playoffs doesn't mean he'd be willing to take the same deal to be the #3 or #4 CB for a team that was coming off its 3rd straight 5-win season. 

Just using it as an example my guy… it doesn’t even necessarily have to be him. The point is that internal budgets are out there. Even with roll over, that’s a cool $5M that the Panthers aren’t using. On the contrary, a team like the Saints constantly pushes the limit.

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Just using it as an example my guy… it doesn’t even necessarily have to be him. The point is that internal budgets are out there. Even with roll over, that’s a cool $5M that the Panthers aren’t using. On the contrary, a team like the Saints constantly pushes the limit.

How do you not understand any money not spent this year goes to next years cap. And gets used? Cmon man. That’s day one stuff. You have the richest owner in the league and he would spend double if they let him. 

You’re just don’t get it. You’re preaching about something you don’t understand. 

4 minutes ago, Toomers said:

How do you not understand any money not spent this year goes to next years cap. And gets used? Cmon man. That’s day one stuff. You have the richest owner in the league and he would spend double if they let him. 

You’re just don’t get it. You’re preaching about something you don’t understand. 

That doesn’t matter bud… there’s enough restructures out there where the Panthers can still manage to get under the salary cap next year… like I said, the Saints do it every year… the Saints spend damn near to the limit every year and were somehow in talks to acquire Watson… with what money, I don’t know… but it’s obviously possible to be competitive by spending to the limit and just pushing everything down the road.

And as for Tepper spending, that’s not true at all… now you’d be talking about something that you don’t know… if you think that’s the case then why is his soccer team 27th out of 28th in salaries?

Edited by MillionDollarCam

Saints constantly pushing the limit when they have Payton and Brees made sense. You're seeing how dumb that was this season when they're 2-4 with the poo poo platter of Jameis and Dalton at QB. They screwed themselves by trying to free up cap space for Watson when they had to restructure and push a bunch of money into next year's cap and are currently $55m over next year's cap. That's why they had to trade away players like CGJ and will have to cut a bunch of guys this offseason.

• Beer 1

Just now, UNCrules2187 said:

Saints constantly pushing the limit when they have Payton and Brees made sense. You're seeing how dumb that was this season when they're 2-4 with the poo poo platter of Jameis and Dalton at QB. They screwed themselves by trying to free up cap space for Watson when they had to restructure and push a bunch of money into next year's cap and are currently $55m over next year's cap. That's why they had to trade away players like CGJ and will have to cut a bunch of guys this offseason.

Maybe, but they will probably turn it around before we do.

12 hours ago, Stuart Smith said:

If Fitt drafts a quarterback that will be a legitimate NFL starter he will help his case. If he misses he will probably be at Gaston College with Rhule.  

I'm thinking the Rhinos could use their services...maybe...

RhinoClubFinal_0822-1.png