• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sounds like Scott Fitterer will continue as Panthers GM in '23

TheSpecialJuan

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

That's crazy, Bradberry for $7M and we're paying Donte 3 years $35M. Can cut him after 2 but still. OTC's valuation for Donte is $3.5M 

the donte and robby contracts were terrible. 

this board was pretty mixed but overall negative on the donte contract. People here were mostly ecstatic for the Anderson contract tho. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • The D 1

24 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

We traded for Gilmore as well.

Sometimes things just work out. 

And making big moves for FA/trades out of nowhere has been Philly's MO for a while. Like yeah these moves looks good but lets not forget when Roseman did the same thing for Asomugha and it was a disaster because he was actually totally washed and no one realized it because he'd been on the raiders and teams were just throwing anywhere else for five years. 

Roseman is great, don't get me wrong, but that sword cuts both ways. 

Gilmore was ok with us. Reddick was good. But what is a trade fitt has made that is worth a damn? He really hasn’t been that good because our players stink. 

8 minutes ago, Toomers said:

And the Jags had a QB already. They got to take another need with Walker. Plus, unlike the Panthers, they had plenty of cap space to sign Scherff, Kirk, Engram, Williams, Olukan. What caliber of players will the Panthers be signing with their very limited cap space? 

The Jags already had the most important position correct.  So we will go from the 32nd ranked QB in the 32nd ranked offense to the top ranked rookie QB behind a solid ranked OL with a top RB and (hopefully) a huge upgrade at HC.  Our defense is good enough to compete as is.  Horn, Chinn, Burns, and Brown are a solid young foundation that should be better as the get older and better coaching.  You act like we are getting blown out.  The Niners gave it to us, but we hung around with everyone else.  You don't think an upgrade at QB (the most important position in sports) and HC could have changed the outcome in those games?  Hell our point differential is better than your steelers with their HoF coach.

5 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Gilmore was ok with us. Reddick was good. But what is a trade fitt has made that is worth a damn? He really hasn’t been that good because our players stink. 

if we're counting moving around on draft day with trades, his 2021 draft was fantastic. its unfortunate he didn't have the authority to overule matt rhule's wife.

i think lavishka's going to be a good player. I think henderson is a good player who's getting picked on a lot. He's not as good as horn and that's not a slight on him. But now the whole secondary has fallen apart and the team is capsizing so who's to say how this will go. 

he got two picks for Dennis Allen which, hey, praise. Might just be churn but it's productive churn. 

he got a 6th for Bridgewater, which whatever. 

He got good value for Baker, and I still think that was the best move given the circumstances. But obviously the circumstances were bad and of their own making. only question is how much of that was rhule 

And gilmore was very good with us, come on. Reddick was signed to a one year contract 

13 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

We've got picks in rounds 1,2,4 and 5. Would be crazy to trade back from the 1st pick and miss out on Stroud. Trading back in the 2nd? I'm not close to having any clue if this draft is deep at WR/TE/ or LB. Should probably just take BPA's at these spots listed or DE

“Trading back” is not always wise. We obviously need to use the #1 pick on a quarterback. If we have a superstar WR or linebacker available at #2 we need to fill those positions. We actually may not know how Good the receivers on the roster are until we have a quarterback that can get them the ball. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

“Trading back” is not always wise. We obviously need to use the #1 pick on a quarterback. If we have a superstar WR or linebacker available at #2 we need to fill those positions. We actually may not know how Good the receivers on the roster are until we have a quarterback that can get them the ball. 

That's a big point.  Our offense has been so incompetent it's hard for us to gage how good these young players like TMJ, Tremble, Shi and others can be.  I mean DJ with a capable QB/OC would be interesting to see in itself.  

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The Jags already had the most important position correct.  So we will go from the 32nd ranked QB in the 32nd ranked offense to the top ranked rookie QB behind a solid ranked OL with a top RB and (hopefully) a huge upgrade at HC.  Our defense is good enough to compete as is.  Horn, Chinn, Burns, and Brown are a solid young foundation that should be better as the get older and better coaching.  You act like we are getting blown out.  The Niners gave it to us, but we hung around with everyone else.  You don't think an upgrade at QB (the most important position in sports) and HC could have changed the outcome in those games?  Hell our point differential is better than your steelers with their HoF coach.

Top ranked rookie means nothing once games start. Besides Hebert, what QB has come out doing very well a a rookie? 

The Panthers have lost the last 3 games by 2+ scores. Against team in LA and ARI, that can’t beat anyone else. SF got rolled by ATL. Those Steelers just beat TB with their top 3 CBs, Minkah and Watt all out. I can handle a rebuilding year(every 20 years) while a rookie QB gets his bearings. It’s not like I’m a fan of a team that has winning seasons as often as Leap Years. And the Steelers didn’t spend next years money to be in this position. How about the Panthers. 

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

Top ranked rookie means nothing once games start. Besides Hebert, what QB has come out doing very well a a rookie? 

The Panthers have lost the last 3 games by 2+ scores. Against team in LA and ARI, that can’t beat anyone else. SF got rolled by ATL. Those Steelers just beat TB with their top 3 CBs, Minkah and Watt all out. I can handle a rebuilding year(every 20 years) while a rookie QB gets his bearings. It’s not like I’m a fan of a team that has winning seasons as often as Leap Years. And the Steelers didn’t spend next years money to be in this position. How about the Panthers. 

Which rookies came out playing well?  Baker Mayfield, Mac Jones, Kyler Murray, Joe Burrow, Cam Newton just off the top of my head.  Listen, I'm not saying that Stroud or whoever will be a pro bowler right away just better than dead last in the league and the performances Baker and Co have put out this year with McAdoo.  It's a pretty low bar...

Yeah they beat the Bucs who really haven't beast anyone aside from Dallas early in week 1.  Talking about who has been who in week 6 is premature anyway.  My point in comparing the point differential is we aren't far off from being competitive.  I used your team as an example because they always are competitive. (I'm also not convinced you aren't a closet Panther's fan).

My point is we have hung around with several teams.  Our defense wears down because our offense is a complete mess.  We can't even get the ball to our WRs right now to see how good they are.  Do you really think if we replaced Rhule/McAdoo with a decent coach and Baker/Darnold with a talented rookie we would still lose to Cleveland, and NYG?  Both games were lost by a FG.  It's perfectly logical to think if we upgrade our QB and HC next year we can be competitive.  Will we have some holes on our roster still?  Yes, but a majority of the NFL does.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

there were a ton of red flags about parsons, and he went into a perfect situation. Dallas is just letting him rush the qb and not worry about anything else. they've got a very good DC for him.

That's just not true.  He rates excellent in coverage and is playing at an elite level.  A lot of people were wrong about him, and I don't think there's any way around that.  Same thing happened with Justin Herbert.  Lots of people, myself included, didn't see what was so special before the draft.  But when the lights come on and the game starts, all bets are off.  If there was a hypothetical redraft, Parsons would go higher than he did.

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Which rookies came out playing well?  Baker Mayfield, Mac Jones, Kyler Murray, Joe Burrow, Cam Newton just off the top of my head.  Listen, I'm not saying that Stroud or whoever will be a pro bowler right away just better than dead last in the league and the performances Baker and Co have put out this year with McAdoo.  It's a pretty low bar...

Yeah they beat the Bucs who really haven't beast anyone aside from Dallas early in week 1.  Talking about who has been who in week 6 is premature anyway.  My point in comparing the point differential is we aren't far off from being competitive.  I used your team as an example because they always are competitive. (I'm also not convinced you aren't a closet Panther's fan).

My point is we have hung around with several teams.  Our defense wears down because our offense is a complete mess.  We can't even get the ball to our WRs right now to see how good they are.  Do you really think if we replaced Rhule/McAdoo with a decent coach and Baker/Darnold with a talented rookie we would still lose to Cleveland, and NYG?  Both games were lost by a FG.  It's perfectly logical to think if we upgrade our QB and HC next year we can be competitive.  Will we have some holes on our roster still?  Yes, but a majority of the NFL does.

Burrow won 2 of 10 games before he got hurt. Murray was decent and won 5.  Jones went to a good team so doesn’t apply. And is already showing signs of being a mistake. Mayfield had to improve a team that finished 0-16 and tanked enough to have plenty of money to build. And an extra top 5 pick. And Baker sure did work out…didn’t he?

The Steelers played the Bills and got blown out. What do you think would happen if CAR played the Bills right now? Picking the ONE year they are down to compare this mess to is not applicable. 

Does CLE get another QB as well when they play again since the Panthers do. What player do the NYG get to add. Makes it hard to compare. 

Of course all teams have holes. It’s just that not many are sprinting towed a #1 overall pick while being over the cap by 15M next year. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Burrow won 2 of 10 games before he got hurt. Murray was decent and won 5.  Jones went to a good team so doesn’t apply. And is already showing signs of being a mistake. Mayfield had to improve a team that finished 0-16 and tanked enough to have plenty of money to build. And an extra top 5 pick. And Baker sure did work out…didn’t he?

The Steelers played the Bills and got blown out. What do you think would happen if CAR played the Bills right now? Picking the ONE year they are down to compare this mess to is not applicable. 

Does CLE get another QB as well when they play again since the Panthers do. What player do the NYG get to add. Makes it hard to compare. 

Of course all teams have holes. It’s just that not many are sprinting towed a #1 overall pick while being over the cap by 15M next year. 

Burrow was 65% completion rate with 13 TDs to 5 INTs before he was injured his rookie year.  His team had no defense and no OL.  I feel we have a capable version of both.  I'm looking at the play of these rookie QBs and putting them on our roster.  Does rookie Burrow beat NYG and Cleveland for us?  Absolutely.  3-3 would be competitive vs 1-5 which is bottom of the league.  I'm saying we don't need a roster overhaul if we can land a decent rookie with our coach.  Our QB play has been so terrible it has crippled this team.  Just upgrading that alone can have us beating the bad teams.  Hell we beat the Saints with poo at the position.  

Yeah the BIlls would crush us.  When I say we can be "competitive" next year that means we can beat the bad teams and hang with the average.  We still would have a way to go before going toe to toe with the Bills/Chiefs etc...  

Our cap sucks next year but we have most of our young core locked in except Burns which could actually help next year's cap, but hurt the following years.  Put a rookie QB behind a solid young OL with a decent defense and you have a good start for the next HC IMO.  

@mrcompletely11is liking your realistic view, but he himself has said our roster is 2 years away from the playoffs.  That would require some growth next year as well to get there.

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Burrow was 65% completion rate with 13 TDs to 5 INTs before he was injured his rookie year.  His team had no defense and no OL.  I feel we have a capable version of both.  I'm looking at the play of these rookie QBs and putting them on our roster.  Does rookie Burrow beat NYG and Cleveland for us?  Absolutely.  3-3 would be competitive vs 1-5 which is bottom of the league.  I'm saying we don't need a roster overhaul if we can land a decent rookie with our coach.  Our QB play has been so terrible it has crippled this team.  Just upgrading that alone can have us beating the bad teams.  Hell we beat the Saints with poo at the position.  

Yeah the BIlls would crush us.  When I say we can be "competitive" next year that means we can beat the bad teams and hang with the average.  We still would have a way to go before going toe to toe with the Bills/Chiefs etc...  

Our cap sucks next year but we have most of our young core locked in except Burns which could actually help next year's cap, but hurt the following years.  Put a rookie QB behind a solid young OL with a decent defense and you have a good start for the next HC IMO.  

@mrcompletely11is liking your realistic view, but he himself has said our roster is 2 years away from the playoffs.  That would require some growth next year as well to get there.

Once again, do I get to add players to those CLE and NYG teams as well. I thought Baker did ok against the Browns. Gave the team the lead on his last possession. 

So Burrow was good, and nothing changed as far as team success. See how that works. 

The Panthers are a couple years away. If they make smart decisions. The idea that a HC/QB is going to make this team a playoff contender next year is laughable. Keep kicking the can for 5 win teams and it will be much longer. 

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

if we're counting moving around on draft day with trades, his 2021 draft was fantastic. its unfortunate he didn't have the authority to overule matt rhule's wife.

i think lavishka's going to be a good player. I think henderson is a good player who's getting picked on a lot. He's not as good as horn and that's not a slight on him. But now the whole secondary has fallen apart and the team is capsizing so who's to say how this will go. 

he got two picks for Dennis Allen which, hey, praise. Might just be churn but it's productive churn. 

he got a 6th for Bridgewater, which whatever. 

He got good value for Baker, and I still think that was the best move given the circumstances. But obviously the circumstances were bad and of their own making. only question is how much of that was rhule 

And gilmore was very good with us, come on. Reddick was signed to a one year contract 

This is the most homeristic  take I’ve read on this board yet.

good value for baker? CJ Henderson is good? Lavishkis pkayed one game and is hurt. CJ suuuuuuucks. Baker is worse. I give him credit for trying but this team is trash. Icky and Brady Christianson we’re good picks. Horn can’t even get on the field. Marshall. Bust. Shi Smith. JAG. The jury is Still out on fitter because his players aren’t getting it done. 

• Pie 1