• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you like to see CMC on the Bills?

Jmac

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

So you're obsessing over a player getting traded (with no regard to whether it'd be the best move for the team or not) because you don't like how people talked about your favorite player a few years and a couple of coaches ago?

Damn, dude. Let it go 😕

The best move for the team is to stop trying to run their offense through a consistently injured running back. Obviously the decision makers agree or they would not have made him available for trade.

Just now, frankw said:

The best move for the team is to stop trying to run their offense through a consistently injured running back. Obviously the decision makers agree or they would not have made him available for trade.

They didn't. Teams called them.

Everybody is available if their price is met, but Nobody's meeting it.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, frankw said:

It's obviously a factor for some and why people prop him up as one of the goats. None of our other running backs in the history of the franchise have had such a deranged cult following and his career numbers do not blow any of theirs out of the water. This is not an echo chamber you are going to have to reckon with and ponder these facts sooner or later the team obviously is going to be moving on this season or next.

Dude give it up.

He's the best in the world at his position. 

Just like Mahomes is the best at his.

Myles Garrett is the best at his.

It doesn't matter the skin color. The best is the best.

Since 1995 we have had

Bates best at his

Greene best at his for a year

Peppers best at his

Luke best at his

IMO Steve but of course that's debatable.

Cmac best at his.

You don't trade Icons. You wring every ounce of them.

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

Lol he's not consistently injured. 

I guarantee if we would have been in contention he would have played. It was smart to just shut him down.

It keeps milage off of him. Honestly at this point since the year is over I'd shut him down again and get ready for next year.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

They didn't. Teams called them.

Everybody is available if their price is met, but Nobody's meeting it.

It's only a matter of time at this point. If we continue to lose and secure the top pick it's more likely this trade talk will pickup traction near next years draft. So you take your QB maybe draft a workhorse RB keep building the oline and let the chips fall where they may. This is not a difficult formula to grasp even bottom feeder teams are able to compete better than we are because they are not obsessing over their running back. They know it's a QB league. This guy that keeps quoting me is either trolling me or demented fr.

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

It's only a matter of time at this point. If we continue to lose and secure the top pick it's more likely this trade talk will pickup traction near next years draft. So you take your QB maybe draft a workhorse RB keep building the oline and let the chips fall where they may. This is not a difficult formula to grasp even bottom feeder teams are able to compete better than we are because they are not obsessing over their running back. They know it's a QB league. This guy that keeps quoting me is either trolling me or demented fr.

You realize that we can draft a QB or use Corral and keep Cmac right?

It's not either or.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

You realize that we can draft a QB or use Corral and keep Cmac right?

It's not either or.

If we are going to take off the homer shades Corral is a longshot at best to ever be a franchise QB here. I put the odds at 90% we go quarterback if we are sitting on a top 3 pick next April. We aren't getting through to one another on this discussion you clearly care more about your favorite running back than the team.

47 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Newton plays a more important position than McCaffrey and when was the last time he won a game with us? Hadn't he lost something like 11 or 12 straight?

Wins and losses are not an individual player stat.

Cam was great in Carolina. Arguably our best player ever. But, he only had 3 winning seasons with the Panthers. You can't blame that solely on him. As you pointed out wins and losses are not individual stats, they are TEAM STATS. And quite frankly, we haven been that great (or even good) team since Cam got injured in CMAC's 2nd season (2018).

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

If we are going to take off the homer shades Corral is a longshot at best to ever be a franchise QB here. I put the odds at 90% we go quarterback if we are sitting on a top 3 pick next April. We aren't getting through to one another on this discussion you clearly care more about your favorite running back than the team.

No, again I think you aren't getting it.

We are drafting a QB, that QB and Corral can compete and let the best one win. We can flip the other or keep him.

None of that requires us trading Cmac.

Either one of those QBs job becomes easier with Cmac than without him.

He's a run threat. 

He's a great pass blocker

He's a great reciever. 

Why would you want to handcuff a young QB?

24 minutes ago, frankw said:

A great runningback, especially one that's a good pass catcher, is a big help for a young quarterback.

• Pie 1

40 minutes ago, frankw said:

It's obviously a factor for some and why people prop him up as one of the goats. None of our other running backs in the history of the franchise have had such a deranged cult following and his career numbers do not blow any of theirs out of the water. This is not an echo chamber you are going to have to reckon with and ponder these facts sooner or later the team obviously is going to be moving on this season or next.

I am just scrolling through these threads but the only one in this entire post that seems to be obsessed with the fact CMC is white on here is you buddy lol. Seems a bit weird. 

• Pie 1

52 minutes ago, frankw said:

Oh this logic again. Wins and losses are a team stat when it's someone you like. Cam is done. But when his arm wasn't toast we won games and competed in our division. We need a quarterback and I'm tired of watching weirdos with a fetish for a white RB live vicariously through his garbage stats. We need a winning football team.

Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

Keep going, tell us how you really feel…

6 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

No, again I think you aren't getting it.

We are drafting a QB, that QB and Corral can compete and let the best one win. We can flip the other or keep him.

None of that requires us trading Cmac.

Either one of those QBs job becomes easier with Cmac than without him.

He's a run threat. 

He's a great pass blocker

He's a great reciever. 

Why would you want to handcuff a young QB?

For the last time. We have many needs. We are facing another semi rebuild at minimum. We have one WR who can be really good when he wants but he is apparently disgruntled who knows if he stays. We have overpaid for guys like Ian Thomas and we have got to be one of the worst if not the worst at TE. You want to talk about helping a young QB. The go to for that is a solid TE for a safety valve and a solid versatile run game. Apparently Tepper is seeking an offensive minded coach for the new hire. That is a breath of fresh air. Surely that new coach will be able to come up with a better philosophy to build offensive gameplans around than "give one running back most of the touches the opposing defenses will never see that coming" that has been our bread and butter now with 3 different head coaches in 3 years.