• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Fire Sale" not happening

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

No matter what the pick is they are drafting a qb in the first come hell or high water.  Would be nice to have their pick of all of them but they are getting someone.  I thought up until yesterday we would be in the pick 5 range but after hearing Wilks say that Eason may be starting, Darnold not ready and baker not the starter even if healthy seems to me shenanigans are afoot and I like it

What about that golden lion??

cat yawn GIF

4 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Echoed by Ben Allbright:

Nearly every source I've seen has said pretty much the same thing. They'll listen to offers like they always do, but they're not looking to unload a bunch of guys.

Wilks mentioned having discussed trade options with Fitterer and his presser.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

In the end this is what is going to happen I believe.  We are 2 years minimum out from competing, why put cmac through that when we can get resources from him and put him in a better situation?

If either of these teams were to get CMC they would immediately be favored to win the AFC.  The game the other day was one of the best games all season.  Fun to watch Mahomes and Allen battle it out. 

• Pie 1

I wouldn’t take less than a low first and second or mid first and third for CMC. We’re more than a year from competing if our new QB takes time to develop and we get an old school defensive HC. We get a bright HC that hits the ground running and our QB is ready to produce early like Cam was or Herbert or some of the other young QBs, we’re ready to compete immediately. 

• Beer 1

Just now, jayboogieman said:

Doubt it. Giving up first round picks for oft injured guys is a Panther move, not a move done by well run teams.

I agree but if you know its a later pick, and you know you are keeping him from another team and if you know he super charges an already super charged offense and he fits in your timeline for winning.  I can see a super bowl starved team doing it

Just now, JawnyBlaze said:

I wouldn’t take less than a low first and second or mid first and third for CMC. We’re more than a year from competing if our new QB takes time to develop and we get an old school defensive HC. We get a bright HC that hits the ground running and our QB is ready to produce early like Cam was or Herbert or some of the other young QBs, we’re ready to compete immediately. 

we are 2 years minimum from competing, thats best case scenario

• Beer 2