• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Timing of our Rebuild is Ideal

davos

16 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Gotcha. I’m more worried that after pick 8, we’ve done a really poor job of amassing talent in 2021/2022. I’m not looking forward to seeing the Rhule-less draft because I’m worried that we will see the same. We’ve got too many picks now to screw it up. The 1, 32 and 50-55ish picks are huge. Our offense is now crazy bad. QB is obviously the number one need and likely our first pick, but the cupboard is bare. If we don’t hit on both seconds, that will hurt. We don’t want to waste a cheap QB because we are paying 2nd contract prices on all our D studs.

I just have 0 faith in Fitterer and worry about missing a quality GM prospect.

I share the concerns but I don't think we will see change this offseason.

I am actually most concerned that Tepper may attempt to micromanage in the manner that Rhule did, which would limit how good of a GM candidate we could even get.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

We’re going nowhere this year. This is for the future. I know you’re insanely hurt right now but it was the best thing to do for the franchise.

I want you to use logic and let me know who we have drafted in recent history of this franchise with rounds 2-5 that will generate half the production, explosiveness, and excitement that Christian did offensively. 

5 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

I’ve always been team over players. Problem is we don’t have a team. 

Hope you brought this same energy for the Cam fan boys. 

This is a true rebuild and what should have been done when we cut Cam in 2020. But keep listening to the voices in your head about Cam fanboys.

7 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

I want you to use logic and let me know who we have drafted in recent history of this franchise with rounds 2-5 that will generate half the production, explosiveness, and excitement that Christian did offensively. 

The logic is cmc is overpaid and often injured and is going to be 27 years old next year. It makes sense to do this now while actually getting something for him instead of risking another injury to attempt to build around our new franchise qb next year. Cmc is not the future. That “excitement, explosiveness and production” netted us 5 wins where he barely played when he was paid to be the centerpiece of this offense. 

• Pie 1

Just now, TheRumGone said:

The logic is cmc is overpaid and often injured and is going to be 27 years old next year. It makes sense to do this now while actually getting something for him instead of risking another injury to attempt to build around our new franchise qb next year. Cmc is not the future. That “excitement, explosiveness and production” netted us 5 wins where he barely played when he was paid to be the centerpiece of this offense. 

Exactly.  It's tough seeing him go, sure, but 27 is the proverbial cliff for the modern RB. 

A few are extended a handful of years after to maybe 29/30 but 27 has notoriously been right when these guys who are overused bellcows start to fade. 

We were 28-36 with CMC and never won a playoff game while he was here.      

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

We were 4-3 with CMC last year and 1-9 when he was out. He had an impact. We got some value, just sucks that those picks are just replacing some of the many picks we traded away.

Oh I by no means want to downplay his impact.  We constructed an entire NFL offense around him since 2018 and that first year w/Cam was a bit of a transition w/him not quite hitting a stride yet.  It was just a bit of a miss with him overall.  Anytime he was out this team didn't know what to do.     

That year with Kyle Allen was his peak/bloom and we never really figured out a competent offense around CMC.  Just felt forced with no success which sucks.  Could've had a really cool offense around him if we did this right and sooner.  

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

We have no idea how much he has been responsible for and how much Rhule was. The structure was set that Fitterer was subordinate to Rhule. 

Without having a window behind the scenes, I think Fitterer deserves an offseason as a real GM. If it all looks the same......then we know the truth and we can all get on the same page about calling for his head on a pike.

Seriously, get out of my head. Everybody is so emotional that they forget Rhule had absolute "final" say over roster moves! That is why Chuba is here, that is why CJ, Temple alum, and PJ are here! Like no one else, I literally have no idea what Fitterer is as a traditional GM. He helped build a juggernaut in Seattle, so there is optimism, but dude these nuclear meltdown/pouting fits are hilarious! Speckler has lost his mind!

• Beer 3

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

And you think this organization is capable of drafting that level of value back between rounds 2-5?

1 hour ago, NorthTryon said:

Seriously, get out of my head. Everybody is so emotional that they forget Rhule had absolute "final" say over roster moves! That is why Chuba is here, that is why CJ, Temple alum, and PJ are here! Like no one else, I literally have no idea what Fitterer is as a traditional GM. He helped build a juggernaut in Seattle, so there is optimism, but dude these nuclear meltdown/pouting fits are hilarious! Speckler has lost his mind!

Yeah and he may prove to have been part of the problem but the way his job role was structured is going to leave a lot of questions because we just don't get complete behind the scenes info about each individual roster decision. 

• Pie 3

49 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Better chance than cmc staying healthy and justifying those cap hits. Im sorry your favorite player got traded.

He played 3 full years at 98% snaps and was healthy for the last 6 weeks of this season without indication it won’t continue. This organization has maybe hit on 1 decent draft after round 2 in the last decade. I call BS. 

1 minute ago, WarHeel said:

He played 3 full years at 98% snaps and was healthy for the last 6 weeks of this season without indication it won’t continue. This organization has maybe hit on 1 decent draft after round 2 in the last decade. I call BS. 

Sorry your favorite player got traded

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1