• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ Stroud

Vox

2 hours ago, stan786 said:

You think Corral is Favre and Young good?  Maybe hes a massive outlier! Expecting that is pretty wild though.

Farve was so bad in Atlanta they got rid of him for nothing. Young in Tampa Bay was deemed a bust and was delt to SF for a 2nd and 4th.

3 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Never said he was a sure thing.  My point is that he should get an opportunity to compete for the job.  @stan786 implies that Corral won't get shot and will be nothing but an afterthought. 

Honestly he probably won’t. A vet QB will more than likely be signed that could start until our pick is ready. The offense/scheme will be catered to our top pick as well. I don’t see every position splitting reps with every player on the depth chart to be fair, that’s just not how it usually works. More reps, and more exposure equals greater chance of success for our rookie. 

7 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Honestly he probably won’t. A vet QB will more than likely be signed that could start until our pick is ready. The offense/scheme will be catered to our top pick as well. I don’t see every position splitting reps with every player on the depth chart to be fair, that’s just not how it usually works. More reps, and more exposure equals greater chance of success for our rookie. 

He will not get a shot, not a fair one at least.  I dont get why these dudes dont acknowledge that he cannot even practice until aug.  Free agency is in March.  A new coach in feb and a draft in april.  mini camp in May.  Corral will even be an afterthought once training camp gets into high gear. How the fug is he going to beat out a #1 pick and he cannot practice.  Goddamn people use your brain

And thats not even factoring in he looked like a trainwreck when he did play

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah and the last 2 QBs from Oregon were Harrington and Mariotta, do not want Herbert. LSU was Russell so no Burrow!! Such sound logic…

The logic is based around Ohio State, I didn't say anything about any other school. 

Name a good Ohio State QB, then you will refute my "logic".  I'll wait ....

5 minutes ago, JVic said:

The logic is based around Ohio State, I didn't say anything about any other school. 

Name a good Ohio State QB, then you will refute my "logic".  I'll wait ....

There have been 4 1st round OSU QBs drafted. One in the 1940s who died in war before playing, one in the 1980s, then Haskins, and Fields who is in year 2. So you are basing this on Haskins and the guy from the 80s?? Terrible logic.

Oregon has Harrington and Mariotta, and I bet they are thrilled someone like you didn’t have them pass on Herbert because there were no good Oregon QBs. Do it again for LSU with Burrow, Mahomes with Texas Tech, Cam with Auburn, Manning with Tennessee and you can keep going on and on. So like I said, terrible logic. The school has nothing to do with the prospect. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

There have been 4 1st round OSU QBs drafted. One in the 1940s who died in war before playing, one in the 1980s, then Haskins, and Fields who is in year 2. So you are basing this on Haskins and the guy from the 80s?? Terrible logic.

Oregon has Harrington and Mariotta, and I bet they are thrilled someone like you didn’t have them pass on Herbert because there were no good Oregon QBs. Do it again for LSU with Burrow, Mahomes with Texas Tech, Cam with Auburn, Manning with Tennessee and you can keep going on and on. So like I said, terrible logic. The school has nothing to do with the prospect. 

Caleb Williams is also screwed next year coming out of USC tbh.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Imagine Burrow sitting there at 1 and a Bengal’s staff member saying “name one good QB from LSU?” Followed by a smug “I’ll wait…” lol Umm ok now let’s look at the actual player and what he does well.

Who happened to spend three years at OSU as well. 

• Pie 5

8 minutes ago, Varking said:

Who happened to spend three years at OSU as well. 

Which further proves my point that OSU has no interest in leaning on or producing pro style talent.  They take athletes, put them at QB, and let them dominate the slower, less athletic talent in the Big 10.  If the Panthers get to play Iowa, Indiana and Purdue every week I'm all for drafting CJ Stroud.  

• Poo 1

Just now, JVic said:

Which further proves my point that OSU has no interest in leaning on or producing pro style talent.  They take athletes, put them at QB, and let them dominate the slower, less athletic talent in the Big 10.  If the Panthers get to play Iowa, Indiana and Purdue every week I'm all for drafting CJ Stroud.  

uh bro, that doesnt prove your point at all

• Pie 3