• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offers for Burns

Mr. Scot

23 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Look at those numbers again he's not even close to the guys ahead of him and on a sack per game basis there's multiple guys below him on the list that are more productive. 

.9 sacks per game is where I need him to be.

Buy he's probably at .5 sacks per game which lots of guys can do

Stfu you idiot lol

14 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

First of all Cmac is the best in the league at his position. There is no RB I would trade him for straight up.

Burns isn't close to the best at his position. 

That's a huge difference. 

And Cmac wasn't oft injured.

If we would have been a playoff team he would have come back and played both those seasons. It was a hammy and an ankle FFS.

The man had 4000 yards from scrimmage in 2 years. We will never get that production from a non QB again. 

We can find tons of guys that get 9 sacks a year.

Lol 

Cmc is a fantastic running back but so are Cook, Henry, Taylor, and rookies Breece Hall and Kenneth Walker 

This is racist trolling and you're a goddamn idiot

2 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

You don't know ball

I know that position better than anyone on this forum.

I played that position in college and have had staff offers to coach that position. And have done so on a limited guest basis for free just because I love the game.

There are tons of things I like and don't like about his game.

He's very bad in the run game at staying parallel to the LOS and use his leavers to work across the face of the blocker.

This often leads to him picking a side which often puts him out of position and keeps him from being a true 2 gap defender against the run.

How many more things do you want me to point out? I'm sure I could look at actual film and find more issues. 

For one he isn't great at attacking the QBs uphill shoulder altho he has been improving. 

The guy is solid but he doesn't deserve the fanboy attention he gets on here.

15 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

First of all Cmac is the best in the league at his position. There is no RB I would trade him for straight up.

Burns isn't close to the best at his position. 

That's a huge difference. 

And Cmac wasn't oft injured.

If we would have been a playoff team he would have come back and played both those seasons. It was a hammy and an ankle FFS.

The man had 4000 yards from scrimmage in 2 years. We will never get that production from a non QB again. 

We can find tons of guys that get 9 sacks a year.

So CMC quits on his team when he could be cleared to play? 

He missed games in three separate stints in 2020: six games for an ankle sprain, four games with an A/C joint sprain, and four games with a glute strain. He missed another five games with a hamstring strain in 2021, and missed Week 12 onward with an ankle sprain.

That injury history is not only alarming for its recency, but also because outside of the shoulder it's all lower body. His ankle, glute, hamstring, and ankle again have been hurt. Which means he's taking shots overtime.

With that in mind, teams may have been wary to offer too much for McCaffrey.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/christian-mccaffrey-trade-injury-history/hatblf1dnzwqn8zpfieyynjb

40 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Pressures are not as good.

We have lost more than one game at the end where he failed to bring the QB down leading to either a TD pass or big first down.

If I remember correctly and I probably don't even to Baker last year or two years ago.

Pressures CAN be as good as I stated. It can lead to bad decisions like INTs. All pass rushers miss on QBs because it’s a fine line between a good hit and roughing the passer. Burns is great and it looks like he is here to stay unless we get some insane offer for him so get use to him. 

7 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

I know that position better than anyone on this forum.

I played that position in college and have had staff offers to coach that position. And have done so on a limited guest basis for free just because I love the game.

There are tons of things I like and don't like about his game.

He's very bad in the run game at staying parallel to the LOS and use his leavers to work across the face of the blocker.

This often leads to him picking a side which often puts him out of position and keeps him from being a true 2 gap defender against the run.

How many more things do you want me to point out? I'm sure I could look at actual film and find more issues. 

For one he isn't great at attacking the QBs uphill shoulder altho he has been improving. 

The guy is solid but he doesn't deserve the fanboy attention he gets on here.

Sorry man…if you are coaching I am concerned.  You seem nearsighted at best

Edited by Shocker

8 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

You're comparing him to the best yt edge in the game to try to minimize his ability, you deserve jail time for this, full stop lol

In history the best pass rushers average around .9 to .95 sacks per game.

This number has been the same for nearly 50 years. Burns averages about .5 let me look it up it's actually .56 per game.

It's the numbers 

Let's check Parsons he's .87 per game

Myles Garrett .9 per game

TJ Watt .94 per game

.9 has been the number forever 

Let's compare to 

Mike Rucker  .523 oh look just like I said.

Let's do Charles Johnson .592 per game

I'm not saying he's not solid. He is. He's not a star. 

2 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

In history the best pass rushers average around .9 to .95 sacks per game.

This number has been the same for nearly 50 years. Burns averages about .5 let me look it up it's actually .56 per game.

It's the numbers 

Let's check Parsons he's .87 per game

Myles Garrett .9 per game

TJ Watt .94 per game

.9 has been the number forever 

Let's compare to 

Mike Rucker  .523 oh look just like I said.

Let's do Charles Johnson .592 per game

I'm not saying he's not solid. He is. He's not a star. 

Burns has 5 sacks in 7 games this year which puts him at .71. 

Looks like the 24 year old is turning the corner. Not surprising it took him a few years since everyone knew he was slender coming out of FSU. 

Just now, ECHornet said:

Burns has 5 sacks in 7 games this year which puts him at .71. 

Looks like the 24 year old is turning the corner. Not surprising it took him a few years since everyone knew he was slender coming out of FSU. 

He should have already been at .9 by now to be considered great.

Greg Hardy was .79 and people called him replaceable. 

There are folks on here willing to make Burns the highest paid edge in the NFL.

I'm arguing against that and that he's not worth 2 1s.

Do I want to cut him? No

Do I want to trade him for 1 first? No

2 firsts and I trade him.

Nothing less.

I have no problem rewarding him with say the 9th best contract at his position hell even 8th to keep him.

2 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

*criiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinge*

He knows more about this position “than anyone on this board.” He knows more than the team that offered 2 firsts, more than the Panthers staff for turning it down and more than the NFL players that ranked Burns in the top 100. Why? Because he coached high school football….