• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What’s your 2023 QB big board (including Corral)

Wundrbread33

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Agreed. Lots of people are quick to point out the highly drafted QB busts but we can do similar exercises with edge rushers, OTs etc. There are no guarantees in the draft.

That's why they usually bank on physical traits and hope the rest falls into place.

Any physical knocks will lower draft position. Example: a 6'6" Matt Corral would have been the unquestioned #1 pick last draft.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Just like with Trask and just like with strong.  Your record is immpeachable.  

Once again if you didn't read my response to nonsense like this is I'm not picking frontrunners, I'm picking for value. It's easy to say who the frontrunner is. Herbert was my value pick that year, Burrow was the frontrunner and for a value pick like our guy Corral every opportunity is magnified by 100X.

Strong would be a great addition (value) to our QB room. Trask would beat out PJ. He's a 6'5" bulldozer.

1. Matt Corral (Ole Miss)
2. Bryce Young (Alabama)
3. Will Levis (Kentucky)
4. CJ Stroud (Ohio State)
5. Anthony Richardson (Florida)
6. Max Duggan (TCU)
7. Grayson McCall  (Coastal Carolina)
8. Hendon Hooker (Tennessee)
9. Bo Nix (Oregon)
10. Tyler Van Dyke (Miami)
11. Michael Penix Jr (Washington)
12. Jaren Hall (BYU)
13. Dorian Thompson-Robinson (UCLA)
14. Tanner McKee (Stanford)
15. Cameron Rising (Utah)

Need to watch more games for the guys outside of the top 8, but after watching a dumb amount of football over the last month I'm all in on Corral for next year. Baker and PJ will want to start next year as well, but if either of them are still available and willing to return as a back-up/mentor to Corral that'd be awesome.

Would give the team the chance to pick up a blue chip prospect or even allow them to trade down to accumulate some more picks in the top 50 (omg pls get TCU WR Quenton Johnston).

Going to be a stressful time evaluating these guys and wondering what they have with Matt. Glad that ain't my job.

Edited by Icege
  • Beer 3

Levis is my value pick this year. He had a different OC last year who has since gone to the NFL. There's something different about the way he's being used, I'll keep a eye on that but to me Levis is a great value at late first early second.

A couple drafts ago I was begging the Panthers to draft Micah Parsons and package picks/players to move up in the second to get Kyle Trask.

Trask is 6'5" 240lbs with NFL experience now, he's a guy a team could target and prosper with much like Jake Delhomme.

He would be the unquestioned starter with 2yrs under his belt right now and Parsons would be our all pro.

Hindsight. So for this draft if I were the Panthers I'd go Anderson/Murphy and trade up into the first (15-20) with all that capital to try and get Levis IF you're talking about winning.

Even if Levis sits behind Corral a year or two or you package one of the two later for something else, optionality.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Levis is my value pick this year. He had a different OC last year who has since gone to the NFL. There's something different about the way he's being used, I'll keep a eye on that but to me Levis is a great value at late first early second.

A couple drafts ago I was begging the Panthers to draft Micah Parsons and package picks/players to move up in the second to get Kyle Trask.

Trask is 6'5" 240lbs with NFL experience now, he's a guy a team could target and prosper with much like Jake Delhomme.

He would be the unquestioned starter with 2yrs under his belt right now and Parsons would be our all pro.

Hindsight. So for this draft if I were the Panthers I'd go Anderson/Murphy and trade up into the first (15-20) with all that capital to try and get Levis IF you're talking about winning.

Even if Levis sits behind Corral a year or two or you package one of the two later for something else, optionality.

If things hold and the Panthers are picking at #3, I can see Young/Levis going 1/2 to DET + HOU. Seattle is the next closest team to being in the market for a QB, and with the current #8 + #20 picks they could be a prime trade partner. Grabbing a top 10 + top 20 guy to come in and start at two spots would be a huge boost.

• Pie 1

As I said way back in training camp, without Corral getting reps in practice, and going on IR. We don’t know what we have in him.

With a good OL a young QB can flourish. But we will have a new coach and he will want his QB.

if we could run with Corral, we could run the draft. We could trade out, or take Anderson to play with Burns. Our Defense would be awesome.

trading out from 3 would produce a lot of picks this year and next.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1