• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Games

Shocker

3 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Defenses have changed since Cam killed everyone with the spread. I also don’t think Hooker is close to the player or athlete that Cam is.

I also don’t think Hooker has elite intangibles, I think he’s in a very simplified offense… I mean head to head he lost to Malik Willis and Liberty… in fact, Willis outplayed him.

And there’s zero chance he’s even considered as the number one overall pick. You might not care about his age but NFL teams do… if Hooker is taken in the first round, he’d be the third oldest QB selected in the first round since 1956.

I never got the age thing, I mean yea if he was 28 or pushing 30, that’s one thing. But it depends how you look it, glass half full/half empty type thing. You could say that because of his experience and age he would be the most ready to contribute day one and have the maturity to learn an nfl offense quickly. 

most first round QBs don’t really shine until their sophomore year, so he will be what, 26 going on 27 by his 2nd season in the NFL and you would still have a franchise QB for 4 or 5 years on a rookie deal if he pans out

Just now, UpstatePantherfan said:

I never got the age thing, I mean yea if he was 28 or pushing 30, that’s one thing. But it depends how you look it, glass half full/half empty type thing. You could say that because of his experience and age he would be the most ready to contribute day one and have the maturity to learn an nfl offense quickly. 

most first round QBs don’t really shine until their sophomore year, so he will be what, 26 going on 27 by his 2nd season in the NFL and you would still have a franchise QB for 4 or 5 years on a rookie deal if he pans out

The last paragraph that you said is what I’ve read that teams aren’t crazy about. Why have a franchise QB for maybe 5 years when Stroud or Strong could be a franchise QB for ten years. Not saying you are wrong, just saying what I’ve read.

2 minutes ago, UpstatePantherfan said:

I think age definitely matters, how much closer to his ceiling is Hooker vs Stroud or Young? Hes literally one year younger than Josh Allen, imagine dropping Josh Allen last year into the SEC and what it would look like? Stroud and Young will be in the NFL 4 years by the time the are 25, thats alot more room for growth and development. Hooker is running a simplified offense and is old, I just dont see much upside

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Most NFL teams and scouts will hate the amount of hurry up that Hooker runs.

He’s looked good in Heupel’s offense but he also did not look as good when he was with Virginia Tech, who runs more of a pro style offense.

I remember hating the lack of hurry up Rivera ran when we had Cam. As soon as we went no huddle we'd start tearing NFL defenses up. If a QB can read the field there's nothing wrong with hurry up. 

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

I remember hating the lack of hurry up Rivera ran when we had Cam. As soon as we went no huddle we'd start tearing NFL defenses up. If a QB can read the field there's nothing wrong with hurry up. 

The main problem is that it wears your defense out if it’s not successful. This is precisely why teams don’t run it full time at the NFL level.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1