• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Games

Shocker

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

They have yet to play a competitive offense. OSU has such an easy schedule. This is their only ranked opponent on the year before they end the season with Michigan. PSU offense is really bad because their QB cant throw the ball. If their run game is stopped, they are nothing. 

This is why I can't get on the Stroud hype... the guy doesnt have to go out there and win games. He just has to throw it to the wide open reciever every play.

Bro stop… this is a tired argument and it’s used to try and ensure that your “argument” is valid when it’s not…

If Ohio State plays well and shuts teams out then it’s because they don’t play anyone… if they play bad it’s because they aren’t good… this is a dumb argument… you can only control what you can control and Ohio State is dominating everyone.

Good teams make other teams look like utter dog poo and Ohio State has been doing that week in and week out.

They’d be doing it on an ever more dominating level if they had a top tier coach, Ryan Day is overrated in my opinion.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

They have yet to play a competitive offense. OSU has such an easy schedule. This is their only ranked opponent on the year before they end the season with Michigan. PSU offense is really bad because their QB cant throw the ball. If their run game is stopped, they are nothing. 

This is why I can't get on the Stroud hype... the guy doesnt have to go out there and win games. He just has to throw it to the wide open reciever every play.

Last year he played 6 ranked teams and looked good every game. He has a large sample size to show he can put the ball where it needs to be through layers of the defense. Solid release, size etc… There is nothing to not like other than things he can’t control (competition, talent). Throw in the fact he is the leader of this team full of NFL talent and is the first one on the field with a humble personality. 

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah and GA actually drew a pretty easy schedule this year aside from Tennessee.

It’s the same argument year after year… “they don’t play anyone”… it’s fugging stupid. For those that feel that way they need to go start an SEC football thread and can hang out there… this a COLLEGE FOOTBALL thread… there can be good college football teams outside of the SEC.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Bro stop… this is a tired argument and it’s used to try and ensure that your “argument” is valid when it’s not…

If Ohio State plays well and shuts teams out then it’s because they don’t play anyone… if they play bad it’s because they aren’t good… this is a dumb argument… you can only control what you can control and Ohio State is dominating everyone.

Good teams make other teams look like utter dog poo and Ohio State has been doing that week in and week out.

They’d be doing it on an ever more dominating level if they had a top tier coach, Ryan Day is overrated in my opinion.

When OSU plays a team with equal level talent as them and dominates, I will change perspective. However, it appears I am going to have to wait until Thanksgiving at the earliest. 

The programs that OSU has faced are tiers below them in talent.

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Last year he played 6 ranked teams and looked good every game. He has a large sample size to show he can put the ball where it needs to be through layers of the defense. Solid release, size etc… There is nothing to not like other than things he can’t control (competition, talent). Throw in the fact he is the leader of this team full of NFL talent and is the first one on the field with a humble personality. 

He had Olave and Garrett Wilson who averaged almost 3.5 yards of separation per catch. You dont get that much room in the NFL.

Edited by TheCasillas

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Solid release

I already did a  write in one of these college QB threads breaking his throwing motion down. He has a lot to work on when he joins the NFL.  He has the Tebo "wind up" issue. He starts his throw from his hip and drives the ball up before getting to his release point. Image below.  

That throw starting point is going to be a big problem in the NFL. 

strou release.PNG