• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stroud and Penn St

DaveThePanther2008

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I’ll also say that if you like (or liked Corral)… you can’t then say you don’t like Stroud because of his system… Both QB’s get knocked for system… but at least Stroud’s overall numbers are elite…

Stroud actually runs a Pro Offense. Corral ran a college RPO. The only negative I hear from Stroud is he is surrounded by talent.

5 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

You see something different than what the numbers say…

The numbers say that he does struggle under pressure… as you mentioned… his interception% jumps to 5% when he’s under pressure and his completion percentage hovers around 50% when he’s under pressure.

I won’t deny that, that’s something that he’ll need correct at the next level.

However, from a pure thrower of the football. Within the realm and the scheme of the play, there’s not a better passer of the football. His passer rating, passing efficiency, adjusted completion percentage, well thrown percentage, his interception %, etc… all within what is considered the realm of the actual play (meaning clean pocket, no breakdowns, etc.) are the best in college football.

Numbers are for losers...his intangibles are nil...he has none.... u are right... he can pass the ball as I have acknowledged ...thats it..in perfect conditions. his intangibles dooo nooot exist!

9 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

Numbers are for losers...his intangibles are nil...he has none.... u are right... he can pass the ball as I have acknowledged ...thats it..in perfect conditions. his intangibles dooo nooot exist!

…MVP, rookie of the year, all the awards that our guy Cam won… all based on numbers…

If Stroud’s intangibles don’t exist then why is his OC on record saying that he’s the most intelligent QB he’s coached since Sam Bradford..

You are basing things on your eye test… but you have the eye test of what, maybe a HS football player or an avid college football fan at best?

Maybe your eye test works for you but the numbers are more accurate than either of our eye tests considering we are posting on a football message board…

Edited by MillionDollarCam

6 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

…MVP, rookie of the year, all the awards that our guy Cam won… all based on numbers…

If Stroud’s intangibles don’t exist then why is his OC on record saying that he’s the most intelligent QB he’s coached since Sam Bradford..

You are basing things on your eye test… but you have the eye test of what, maybe a HS football player or an avid college football fan at best?

Maybe your eye test works for you but the numbers are more accurate than either of our eye tests considering we are posting on a football message board…

....if you can't tell this kid is a bust...u prolly cant tell ur ol lady is cheating on you... 

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

If that’s all you can add then it’s obvious that your opinion of your own eye test is way higher that it should be… it’s probably on par with Helen Keller’s eye test.

eyes don't lie.... thats the only test....FYI...ur old lady is cheating on you...hope ur not kissing her....

I watched every snap today on Stroud for the sole purpose of this board, and there was no other good game on.  Huge numbers, solid arm on deep balls, and one throw that I thought was a pro throw (the 20 yard in route to Harrison).  Then there was a bunch of misreading of coverages (man v zone) and terrible clock management on his part.  Even his lone TD pass was a) set up by a short field and b) a 8 yard route that the TE turned into a 20+ yard TD by breaking three tackles to score.  Nothing Stroud did.  

There was nothing I saw from him that would make me want to spend a top 10 draft pick on him.  He's a great college QB, but so was every NFL QB, our next pick at QB has to be a no doubter, and unfortunately that player doesn't exist in college football right now.  So build for when that guy does come along in either the draft or free agency.

I'm happy to "suck" for the next 2-3 years if it means we have 15-20 years of success with the right guy when he comes along.  Stroud isnt that guy. 

• Pie 1