• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those that need to see it in black and white:

JawnyBlaze

Just now, ImaginaryKev said:

Panthers lost bc of a fluke Pick 6 and the kicker not making field goals

DJ is a foundational player

End of story

He can't do that. He even said so himself. People need to stop making excuses for him. He's accepted his responsibility. He's right. I respect him for admitting the obvious. He won't do that again, right or wrong or not.

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

He can't do that. He even said so himself. People need to stop making excuses for him. He's accepted his responsibility. He's right. I respect him for admitting the obvious. He won't do that again, right or wrong or not.

Oh so he's a high character stand up guy?

Confirms it. DJ is one of the best first round draft picks for this team in recent memory. He also sees the big picture and knows this team needs to lose to secure a qb. Give him another contract extension. 

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Doesn’t matter what he said, he’d get fined if he spoke the truth about it anyway. It wasn’t a penalty, end of discussion. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Doesn’t matter what he said, he’d get fined if he spoke the truth about it anyway. It wasn’t a penalty, end of discussion. 

We lost. You can't leave anything to the refs. That's the facts. Accept it or reject it, it's not going to change anything.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, JawnyBlaze said:

It absolutely was a penalty and always has been since the rule was instituted. Hell, They even flagged Diggs for throwing his helmet after the Minnesota miracle vs the Saints but picked it up given the circumstances.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/15/stefon-diggs-helmet-throw-would-have-mattered-only-if-time-was-left-on-the-clock/

However, this article also states that the penalty would apply to the kickoff rather than the extra point try and that was my understanding as well, so the rule was either misapplied or the article was wrong. 

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 3

1 hour ago, JawnyBlaze said:

image.thumb.png.d5e32ea1e15deeff2145a72792c9df25.png

(h) clearly specifies in the field of play, which DJ wasn’t. Nowhere does it say they can’t come onto the field of play without a helmet to celebrate, so when DJ came back into the end zone wasnt a penalty either. 

@JawnyBlazehe did remove his helmet outside the field of play, but then came back onto the field with it off celebrating with his teammates.  You know these refs aren't giving a team like the Panthers any benefit of the doubt and were more than happy to throw that flag.

It was a mistake by DJ, but it didn't cost us the game.  We had other plays/opportunities to win and didn't cash in.  Don't die on this hill bruh.

10 minutes ago, KSpan said:

It absolutely was a penalty and always has been since the rule was instituted. Hell, They even flagged Diggs for throwing his helmet after the Minnesota miracle vs the Saints but picked it up given the circumstances.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/15/stefon-diggs-helmet-throw-would-have-mattered-only-if-time-was-left-on-the-clock/

However, this article also states that the penalty would apply to the kickoff rather than the extra point try and that was my understanding as well, so the rule was either misapplied or the article was wrong. 

I think the opposing team can choose if they want to take the penalty on the PAT or the kickoff.  I may be completely wrong.

• Beer 1

Just now, Rocky Davis said:

I think the opposing team can choose if they want to take the penalty on the PAT or the kickoff.  I may be completely wrong.

Yeah, you're right. Sounds like that changed in 2019 in exactly the way you describe, as before that it was always applied on the kickoff.

• Beer 1