• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Derrick Brown is really starting to dominate

electro's horse

28 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Young defensive lineman has his best year in year 3.......

That is probably closer to the norm than the guy who is elite his rookie year.

Where have you been? The huddle wanted him cut or traded halfway into his rookiebyear. A few of us said "wait until year 3". Now the huddle loves him of course.

I sort of want Darnold back to see how he could do without Rhule and Joe Brady.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Where have you been? The huddle wanted him cut or traded halfway into his rookiebyear. A few of us said "wait until year 3". Now the huddle loves him of course.

I think all player evaluations/opinions made under Rhule's regime need to be rethought or evaluated again.  Just me.

• Pie 1

Just now, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I think all player evaluations/opinions made under Rhule's regime need to be rethought or evaluated again.  Just me.

Baker and Darnold both need to be off this roster as fast as possible.   Stop with all this "we need to see them without rhule"  we have and they suck.   Why in the fug would we resign either even if they played better then when rhule was coach? 

I'm not sure they need any real re-evaluation.  Just assume what he decided was wrong and move on from there.  It is probably not worth spending the resources looking for the remote possibility that he got anything right.

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Baker and Darnold both need to be off this roster as fast as possible.   Stop with all this "we need to see them without rhule"  we have and they suck.   Why in the fug would we resign either even if they played better then when rhule was coach? 

I said this in some other random thread, but 2023 offers us the opportunity to reset the QB room without the burden of the past "methodology."  We have one QB under contract for 2023, and we should see that as an opportunity.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

It wasn't year 1 for me, but it was definitely in year 2. That dude didn't look like he even wanted to be out there. 

foolish of me to doubt Round 1 Draft Pick Hurney Magic 

Edited by electro's horse

2 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I'm not sure they need any real re-evaluation.  Just assume what he decided was wrong and move on from there.  It is probably not worth spending the resources looking for the remote possibility that he got anything right.

I think I used the wrong word when I said re-evaluation.  I'll use TMJ as an example.  There were threads of him being a bust and not able to get on the field.  Seems like now that Rhule is gone, he is getting on the field and showing promise.  Just wondering what other players  are in the same bucket.

Not sure if it is game plan or Rhule putting his hand into everything but the landscape seems to have changed.   I want to give some guys the benefit of the doubt before drawing too many conclusions based on how I felt about them when Rhule was in charge.

I think I used the wrong word when I said re-evaluation.  I'll use TMJ as an example.  There were threads of him being a bust and not able to get on the field.  Seems like now that Rhule is gone, he is getting on the field and showing promise.  Just wondering what other players  are in the same bucket.

Not sure if it is game plan or Rhule putting his hand into everything but the landscape seems to have changed.   I want to give some guys the benefit of the doubt before drawing too many conclusions based on how I felt about them when Rhule was in charge.

Cool, say sam or baker plays better then they did under rhule.  Then what?

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Cool, say sam or baker plays better then they did under rhule.  Then what?

I think they are still stop gaps, just not as terrible as previously believed.  I'm thinking more around younger guys such as TMJ, Corral, maybe CJ and some other folks like that.   Just saying some guys may be able to showcase a bit more than they were when they were under Rhule's thumb.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I think they are still stop gaps, just not as terrible as previously believed.  I'm thinking more around younger guys such as TMJ, Corral, maybe CJ and some other folks like that.   Just saying some guys may be able to showcase a bit more than they were when they were under Rhule's thumb.

But why give them reps?  We are not going to resign them. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

That is a valid point on our roster.  I think that the task at hand from the moment Rhule was fired was figuring out what we have on our roster, because like you say, he was good at impeding everything.

That said, I don't feel that way about Darnold and to a slightly lesser degree, Mayfield.  Darnold has shown the same limitations and downside under three coaching staffs over five years.  His completion percentage is a tad under 60% and his TD to Int. ratio is just over 1:1.  There is nothing to point to and that type of interception ratio is not what teams want out of backup QBs.

Mayfield's case is a little stronger, in that he had one good season, his completion percentage is a tick over 61 and his TD to Int. ration is a bit over 3:2.  His worst season in all those things has been this one......under Captain Process.  Somebody might be interested in signing him as a backup, and maybe as a sleeper if they have an aging vet as a starter.  There is nothing there that says he should be built around, but he could get a look.

I realize both these guys have played five years in mostly awful situations, but after that long, teams are likely to conclude Darnold is ruined and Mayfield is strongly headed that way. 

• Pie 1