• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

saX man

This will probably be downvoted, but I am curious what DJax would fetch on the trade market, as well as dead $$ he would cost us. I'm assuming it's similar to Shaq where it's not worth the cap hit.

I am not opposed to keeping him per se, just wondering if he could net us more in assets than his long-term projection with this team. The flip side is that between Horn-Jackson-Henderson-Taylor, we have four CBs that can compete. 

Personally, I think Taylor, though a different style of CB has equal to if not higher upside with us long-term. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

This will probably be downvoted, but I am curious what DJax would fetch on the trade market, as well as dead $$ he would cost us. I'm assuming it's similar to Shaq where it's not worth the cap hit.

I am not opposed to keeping him per se, just wondering if he could net us more in assets than his long-term projection with this team. The flip side is that between Horn-Jackson-Henderson-Taylor, we have four CBs that can compete. 

Personally, I think Taylor, though a different style of CB has equal to if not higher upside with us long-term. 

He is injured and would cause a bunch of dead cap. This would be the worst possible moment to trade Jackson.

Edited by TheCasillas

6 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

They are letting Montgomery walk…. He isn’t the number 1 RB there anymore.

They better get to it with Herbert already for my fantasy team.  That boy cooks it every time he touches the ball.  Just like Pollard in Dallas right now.

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, UpstatePantherfan said:

I still say we will likely end up regretting not trading Burns. Nothing against burns at all and I I like him a lot as a player, but short of him being Julius Peppers or Micah parson 2.0, you take two 1sts and a additional 3rd rounder or so for him and never look back. 

If it becomes the case he doesn't want to re-sign here or is asking too much, we'll have until next year's deadline.  Have some time with his 5th year option.  

• Beer 1