• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which assistants would you keep?

Mr. Scot

5 hours ago, Prowler2k18 said:

I’m growing more impressed with our overall play. The difference is night and day. If we continue on this upward trajectory, I’d be fine with keeping the majority of our coaching staff in place IF Wilks stays on as HC. I’m on the fence about the DC - I’m not completely sold on Al yet but will give it time.

I agree somewhat with your level of play comment, they are (overall) playing better. AL would be fine on LBs, but not liking his play calling after TB......after carrying the team until the failcons, the D allow that loss....

One thing I know strength coach Jemery Scott and his goons, 100% need replacing. 

Ive done my research over a couple months and the name I came up with is Shane Steichen.......sorry to the local hero Steve wilks, unfair hand you got dealt TWICE, dem the breaks.... Honestly whole new staff minus Campy and Tabor is the way.

Finally those TE, RB and especially WR coaches have done little in my eyes tho Mccado has improved some(rock bottum), just not enough for me to fight for them. 

No matter I do think the new HC will keep Tabor. 

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I agree somewhat with your level of play comment, they are (overall) playing better. AL would be fine on LBs, but not liking his play calling after TB......after carrying the team until the failcons, the D allow that loss....

One thing I know strength coach Jemery Scott and his goons, 100% need replacing. 

Ive done my research over a couple months and the name I came up with is Shane Steichen.......sorry to the local hero Steve wilks, unfair hand you got dealt TWICE, dem the breaks.... Honestly whole new staff minus Campy and Tabor is the way.

Finally those TE, RB and especially WR coaches have done little in my eyes tho Mccado has improved some(rock bottum), just not enough for me to fight for them. 

No matter I do think the new HC will keep Tabor. 

Yeah I’m hoping whatever happens we can hold onto Campen and Tabor. I’m with you on the defense and think new blood is needed there, particularly a defensive play caller that can get the best from the young studs. McAdoo - is a toss-up and the rest are replaceable. 

1 minute ago, Prowler2k18 said:

Yeah I’m hoping whatever happens we can hold onto Campen and Tabor. I’m with you on the defense and think new blood is needed there, particularly a defensive play caller that can get the best from the young studs. McAdoo - is a toss-up and the rest are replaceable. 

Both are contacted to the panthers, so if the new HC wants to keep them, all he has to do is not fire them. 

The college/baylor/temple sink is still here. Plus ANY OC that has a issue finding a role/snaps for CMC, hard pass form me on that too....

• Beer 1

On 11/3/2022 at 4:14 PM, Khyber53 said:

Yeah, we've heard these things before from those other guys I mentioned, too. Herbert's got to prove himself someday.

Yeah, I'll hold off on being skeptical and dismissive of a good player because of the extraneous circumstances around him. Aaron Rodgers looks like garbage truck juice this year because of the extraneous factors around him. Herbert is a stud and I didn't expect him to be. Everybody can't literally carry a team of bums like a young Cam Newton. 

• Beer 1

Herbert does have Ekeler who is legit what Panthers fans wished our own running back had been but outside of that the Chargers are turning into a mess. If you had the misfortune of picking up Keenan Allen in fantasy you already know. I'd be ecstatic if we had a QB like Herbert with this oline and DJ Moore.

On 11/3/2022 at 9:11 AM, Khyber53 said:

I can't believe I am going to say this, especially with all of the criticism I leveled at the guy after he was hired on...

McAdoo might very well get the chance to stay as OC and right now, I'm not hating that. Since Rhule left town and McAdoo had a full week without the guy looking over his shoulder, we've logged a win and one helluva close game. 

The difference in how our offense has played in the Tampa and Atlanta games versus all the others is pretty astounding. We look aggressive and we are beginning to start pushing the ball downfield. Also, the run game has moved into a pummeling, crushing instrument of destruction out there. 

I'm not sold that McAdoo is the guy to keep, but he's making one helluva case for it, just like Wilks is.

And if we let our OLine and DLine coaching assistants go, we'll be making a huge mistake.

Edit to add: Honestly, I'm beginning to think we may have inadvertently found a good all-around coaching staff that can be competitive. We just had to get rid of Rhule to see them really work.

If we go into next year with a Fitts/ Wilks/ McAdoo combo... holy fug my head might explode.