• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dolphins extend Chubb

Mr. Scot

12 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Thanks to the franchise tag, we will always have the leverage. Declining the trade does not provide any leverage to burns. I’m actually interested in how you think us not trading creates “leverage” for burns 

This is the ace in the hole that I've seen very few people mention. We always have the option of franchising him if we can't get a long-term deal worked out. He can still be traded under the tag if it comes down to it.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is the ace in the hole that I've seen very few people mention. We always have the option of franchising him if we can't get a long-term deal worked out. He can still be traded under the tag if it comes down to it.

And then he holds out and forces a trade where other teams know the team has to get rid of him. 

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He is a better player and doesnt have injury issues like chubb. 

The injury issues are valid but they are statistically VERY similar on a per game basis. Like, eerily similar.

So, it is possible that this is a good benchmark for the deal we might be able to get. 

It is gonna depend on how much he wants to be here and how much he perceives his value. 

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Hill in miami is showing he is worth every penny but your point does stand and I agree.

Same with AJ Brown in philly.. but I just dont think the new ceiling for WRs is compatible with all WRs. There are elite receivers worth that, but good to great shouldnt be getting paid what Kirk is.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It wouldn't have any real impact on his value. Young talents at premium positions are always going to be in high demand and garner a significant market.

I actually looked this up recently for another converastion on the huddle... even when players on the franchise tag hold ou to get traded... the trading team still gets paid hansdomely. The value doesnt go down bc a player wants to be traded. History shows that.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

And we can tag him up to three times although that third tag is likely to be an insane price.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It wouldn't have any real impact on his value. Young talents at premium positions are always going to be in high demand and garner a significant market.

So you think other teams will offer two firsts, or something similar, for Burns again. One desperate team offered future 1sts. And he’s cheap now. Where were all these other teams  if he will always have high demand? 

3 minutes ago, Toomers said:

So you think other teams will offer two firsts, or something similar, for Burns again. One desperate team offered future 1sts. And he’s cheap now. Where were all these other teams  if he will always have high demand? 

Yes. Because other teams will also be vying for him. A player demanding a trade only reduces the number of potential suitors by one.