• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Executives grade trade activity

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

You need picks to do that.... 

what you’re saying isn’t even factual, teams like the Niners and Rams aren’t trading from an abundance of draft picks, they’re drawing from their already limited stockpile

because they aren’t concerned with having Lots of Picks

1 minute ago, Growl said:

so just to be clear you’d like to see us move a couple of 1’s 

how in the world did my opinion on how picks get used insert it way into this debate?

That a very situational question. For an ELITE QB, without hesitation. For an ELITE skills player... depends if have a QB....

4 minutes ago, Growl said:

what you’re saying isn’t even factual, teams like the Niners and Rams aren’t trading from an abundance of draft picks, they’re drawing from their already limited stockpile

because they aren’t concerned with having Lots of Picks

why do you keep saying "lots of picks?" 

25 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Anyone that says the Panthers are rebuilding should be slapped in the face by whoever they're talking to.

We need a QB, otherwise this is a good roster (that can obviously be improved upon, as can every roster in the NFL).

Also it's still a loss as McCaffrey is a HoF talent that we traded away cheaply.

The complete rebuild statement caught my eye, too.

The one thing we did get from the Rhule time here was some young talent.  We went from #29 (by average age) to #8 or so, as best as I can find.  We have some holes and very little depth in most places, but roster-wise, we are not at ground zero.

• Pie 1

I feel like Fitterer and Morgan have shown they can get value and select starting material in the first four rounds. We're starting to see just how much Rhule and Snow were hampering player development, and it's maddening. I think the Rhule/Snow and Hurney eras have traumatized a large portion of the fanbase, and they view every deal as though Marty Hurney will be making the picks and Rhule/Snow will be (not)coaching the players. 

I think both teams are happy with the CMC trade.

CLearly CMC is only of the most dynamic players when hes healthy. Last week made any 49er fan that was upset about the trade think they pulled off a coup. 

Carolina is happy with the trade because Foreman is running so well (on top of all the draft capital and getting rid of his contract)

That said, if CMC did what he did last week and Foreman was not running well... I would hate to see what this place would be like. 

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

Thats the thing though... its not a matter of what the picks turn into. Its the fact we got all of those picks.

What the GM/FO chooses to do with those picks have nothing to do with the deal itself. If a new HC comes in and trades all of those picks for a single pick and flops and the team that received the picks get two great starters... was the CMC deal bad? or was the HC misuses of those resources bad?

crossed eyes GIF