• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Insight into trade rumors

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Wow, 2 1sts and a 2nd plus $30M a year for FAs? Damn, that’s a fug load for us to give up. Burns better start taking over games. 

I've been relatively pro-Fitterer, but he has to be fired for this move. 

Burns simply isn't that guy - he fails to finish most of the time. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I've been relatively pro-Fitterer, but he has to be fired for this move. 

Burns simply isn't that guy - he fails to finish most of the time. 

He sucks against the run and hasn't even posted double digit sacks in a single season. That was a trade that could have righted the Sean Gilbert trade. 

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, hepcat said:

He sucks against the run and hasn't even posted double digit sacks in a single season. That was a trade that could have righted the Sean Gilbert trade. 

Honestly I'd be fine if he was crap against the run if he just finished some of those pressures. 

He's a good player, possibly even very good, but he's not elite - and he's about to get incredibly expensive. 

It's poor from us to turn down that trade. It's a desperation move by the Rams, we should have been all over it. 

15 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Sure you can but Yetur was an early 2nd rounder and he’s been just a depth piece. 

Its all about weighing what you can find vs what you have.

Then why are you in the GM / Scouting game? Surely you have confidence that you can find the next Burns with enough Draft ammunition?

Just now, OldhamA said:

Honestly I'd be fine if he was crap against the run if he just finished some of those pressures. 

He's a good player, possibly even very good, but he's not elite - and he's about to get incredibly expensive. 

It's poor from us to turn down that trade. It's a desperation move by the Rams, we should have been all over it. 

If he finishes those pressures that he fails to convert from crappy arm tackles where he slides off a QB half his size, then yeah all of a sudden he's elite, with half a dozen more sacks a season. I agree we should have been all over that one. Rams trying to mortgage their future for now, we should have been buyers.

• Pie 1

Just now, OldhamA said:

100% agree. It's the kind of move made by mediocre franchises committed to losing. Burns wasn't even close to worth what the Rams offered. I just can't believe the moves (or lack of moves) this team makes sometimes. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Then why are you in the GM / Scouting game? Surely you have confidence that you can find the next Burns with enough Draft ammunition?

It’s a fair question and I don’t have a good answer but from some things I’ve read you’re getting into a weird phase of football history where these kids coming out even with first round grades aren’t up to snuff till about year 4-5 which is why the nfl trade deadline which use to be dead has become more active. Teams would rather chance known commodities vs unknown.

I've been a pretty adamant supporter of Fitts during Rhule's tenure because of the micromanagement, but if he really did turn down 2 1sts and a 2nd without Tepper telling him no to the trade, he needs to go. 

If we did end up at 3, it's likely Stroud and Young are both gone. Replace your edge at 3 with Anderson, and if there is another QB that you really want, you have enough firepower in picks to move up to get him. 2 2nds this year and 4 future 1sts is a lot of muscle in the trade room. We aren't winning it all this year. This team needs to rebuild. All those picks from CmC and Burns could have taken this franchise a long way. Of course that's all speculation that Tepper hadn't interfered, but I keep getting that sinking gut feeling he's more like Jerry Jones than we think. 

• Pie 1