• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You draft a 1st round rookie QB and you sign Heinickie or PJ to back him up and mentor him. I SAID WHAT I SAID.

WarPanthers89

11 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

What do we do with Matt Corral then? We didn't draft him to be a career back-up.

I think you take Will Anderson, Harrison Jr., Jackson Smith-Ngigba.

I think Stroud is going to struggle without all of that 1st round talent surrounding him in college. Pro's are a whole new ball game.

Yeah I think you gotta go with PJ/Minshew/Heinicke type, Corral, and we have 2 2nd's, 2 4th's, 2 5th's. Take a shot at a QB with one of those picks. 4ths and 5ths are hit or miss at any position. BPA in the 1st, D-line if we stay high, maybe Noah Sewell at LB if we slide back to around 10

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

What do we do with Matt Corral then? We didn't draft him to be a career back-up.

I think you take Will Anderson, Harrison Jr., Jackson Smith-Ngigba.

I think Stroud is going to struggle without all of that 1st round talent surrounding him in college. Pro's are a whole new ball game.

He’s a third round pick, not a first rounder, nothing says he can’t be a backup but we have to see how he develops. 

11 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

the percepetion here of PJ Walker is wildly different than it was in preseason..... it is comical.

I agree but you cannot deny the development from his previous seasons. His play on the field is night and day compared to when we used him in the past. He’s only 27 and clearly has improved his game since coming to us from the XFL. He was a running joke on the Huddle before, but you cannot deny someone when they show out like he has in meaningful games 

Edited by WarPanthers89

Just now, WarPanthers89 said:

I agree but you cannot deny the development from his previous seasons. His play on the field is night and day compared to when we used him in the past. He’s only 27 and clearly has improved his game since coming to us from the XFL

I am not. I am actually not knocking PJ at all... nor am I knocking any posters. I just think it's hilarious how an opinion can be so certain and then when flipped on its head... that opinion never existed.

I recalled things like "Why is PJ even on the field? He doesnt belong in this league" and "PJ is awful and taking snaps away from players that actually matter."

If PJ plays anohter great game this week against the Bengals... there will be some tough decisions that will need to be made this offseason. 

• Flames 2

3 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

There absolutely needs to be a solid experienced veteran in the QB group along with Corral. Keeping Wilks would make Walker an option there if he continues to improve. Wilks and Walkers futures seem to be closely tied together.

If its an offensive head coach I'd hope they'd be able to bring in a Mariota level type in theory. I'm not sure who that could be or how.

The FA QB list next year is not pretty. I guess it never really is when we're talking about vet free agent QB's that can't get a real contract

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/quarterback/?ref=trending-pages

• Flames 1

10 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I agree but you cannot deny the development from his previous seasons. His play on the field is night and day compared to when we used him in the past. He’s only 27 and clearly has improved his game since coming to us from the XFL. He was a running joke on the Huddle before, but you cannot deny someone when they show out like he has in meaningful games 

Yup. 

3 weeks ago to me PJ was a waste of a roster space. Now....he seems at worst worth continuing to give a shot to see what he can become. This is the sort of situation everyone should love to be proven wrong in. I know I am. I am jaded enough as a fan not to expect him to develop into our franchise qb, but I think it's obvious he's earned the shot to show what he can do, and it's in the team's best interest to continue in that path for now.

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

There's actually quite a few on there that would fill what I was thinking. But they need to not get resigned as backups where they are.

Yeah theres a few guys, it's just really pathetic we've somehow gone through like 7 QB's on that list in like 4ish years, not including Cam who they didn't list 

25 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

He hasn't really shown out.

That hail Mary was money but other than that hasn't done much.

He just hasn't looked horrible which is putting a sheen on him

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Catsfan69 said:

He hasn't really shown out.

That hail Mary was money but other than that hasn't done much.

He just hasn't looked horrible which is putting a sheen on him

Not saying he has put up pro bowl stats, but he went from someone we all believed shouldn’t be on an NFL roster, to someone who has shown that he has the talent to be a very capable backup in the league. He has thrown some absolute dimes, has rushing ability, and most importantly he has pocket presence/awareness. 

1 minute ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Not saying he has put up pro bowl stats, but he went from someone we all believed shouldn’t be on an NFL roster, to someone who has shown that he has the talent to be a very capable backup in the league. He has thrown some absolute dimes, has rushing ability, and most importantly he has pocket presence/awareness. 

Vs Atlanta minus the hail Mary

50% completion

240yds

0td. 1 int

That's not good

Vs Tampa

72% completion 

177yds

2tds 0int

That's average

2 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Suck an egg if you disagree, but as make believe GM of this team, I have already decided what we will do. 

With that being said….This video got me hyped. We need a vet to support our rookie QB who can come in and win games…but one that will not cost you much financially. Players like PJ or Heinickie are the perfect backup QBs compared to someone like an Andy Dalton. They play well enough to win if you are in a pinch, play tough, have the respect of teammates, don’t cost a lot, and embrace the role of supporting the main guy. We already have a team built for a rookie (solid running game, good line) and with one good TE signing/trade we could be in business. I would love to get someone like PJ or Heinickie on a 2 year deal to back up our rookie and to help him develop and have the impact like Erving has had on Icky. This video is cool to see and I am glad that Heinickie  has had a chance to shine since he left us….I also sprinkled in a few vids about PJ because he deserves the love after the last two weeks, and his development has been wonderful to see.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRxL68f6/

Season 4 Point GIF by The Simpsons

• Flames 1