• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ProFootballFocus Mock Draft has Carolina Picking at 3 - Will Levis

Varking

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

I also would rather have Anderson than Levis. Levis also performed awful against Florida and we don't play defense. Anthony Richardson lit up Tennessee way better than Levis as well. 

I'm intrigued as fug by Richardson. I lived in CO when Josh Allen was at Wyoming and honestly Richardson looks like the same guy as Josh Allen in college. The question is will lightning strike twice? I gave Allen zero chance at becoming a legit NFL QB. I've never seen anyone improve so dramatically as a pure passer. There's not even a close second that comes to mind for me.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

I'll go with PFN https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2023-nfl-mock-draft-pfn-mds-week-10-2022/

3) Carolina Panthers: Will Anderson Jr., EDGE, Alabama

With the top two quarterbacks off the board, Panthers fans look to bolster their defense. After keeping Brian Burns through the trade deadline, they add Will Anderson Jr. in this 2023 NFL Mock Draft. An absolute game-changer, Anderson could be an instant impact player for Carolina.

Anderson may not have as much of an impact as a quarterback, but he’s a player that can make offensive coordinators rethink their plan of attack. Like his teammate above, he’s most likely ready to prove that his team is still a playoff contender. I can only imagine how terrifying that will look.

If the board fell like this and we chose Anderson I would be happy.  I know there is a desperate need for a QB but I hope we don't reach.  I know the metaphor is to keep swinging but you cant keep swinging at wild pitches.   

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

But it's what you talk about when you're 2-6. Talking draft before Halloween is a Tepper era Panthers tradition.

Also we've pretty much seen enough of the college football season to start ranking these guys. Today for instance, if Levis can't do something against Missouri who seem about as mid as you can get, then he's gonna start falling off these top 3 lists. Hendon Hooker is playing Georgia, that'll be another good chance for him to shoot up boards even though they're aren't dominant as they were talent wise last year

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

If the board fell like this and we chose Anderson I would be happy.  I know there is a desperate need for a QB but I hope we don't reach.  I know the metaphor is to keep swinging but you cant keep swinging at wild pitches.   

Honestly, I agree. I'd rather draft Anderson and hope Richardson fell or take some of that CMC trade draft capital and jump back up into the late 1st to take Richardson. I can stomach those types of wild swings but wild swings in the top 3? Man...

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Also we've pretty much seen enough of the college football season to start ranking these guys. Today for instance, if Levis can't do something against Missouri who seem about as mid as you can get, then he's gonna start falling off these top 3 lists. Hendon Hooker is playing Georgia, that'll be another good chance for him to shoot up boards even though they're aren't dominant as they were talent wise last year

I forgot Tennessee was playing Georgia today. That's must see TV.

I don't see Hooker as much of an NFL prospect if I'm being brutally honest but that doesn't mean he's not a helluva college QB.

15 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

mock drafts in November....not worth an opinion

His 2022 Mock from last November. Rattler and Howell go 1 and 2 followed by a whole bunch of Who? What?

He doesn't have the real 1st pick in the first round?

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2022-nfl-mock-draft-houston-texans-spencer-rattler-new-york-giants-quarterback-sam-howell

Early mock drafts are about 95% mock drafter and 5% league sources and scouting consensus.

Towards the draft it gets to about 60/40.