• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Justin Fields 61 yard rushing touchdown

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Just accept it: we fuged up by not drafting him.

Ehhh I don't see it as a HUGE screw up. If he can eventually develop as a QB who is a threat to throw as well then yes but right now I wouldn't be too impressed if we had him. Perhaps I was just spoilee with our running QB (Cam) who in his prime could throw as well.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, YourLastThought said:

Ehhh I don't see it as a HUGE screw up. If he can eventually develop as a QB who is a threat to throw as well then yes but right now I wouldn't be too impressed if we had him. Perhaps I was just spoilee with our running QB (Cam) who in his prime could throw as well.

His passer rating is kind of a pedestrian 85. Cam's career passer rating is 85.2

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

What @Davidson Deac IIis sharing is pretty significant. I get that Fields can run, and he is elite when it comes to it... but what he is lacking is the most important thing that someone in his position needs. Fields is not a good passer right now.  Yes, he would be elite if he could improve in passing.... but right now.. he is horrid when it comes to passing the football and bc he can run so well.... does not mean he should get a free pass.

You say horrid but he’s not just getting rushing touchdowns. He’s getting passing touchdowns as well. Putting the ball in the end zone is the most important goal for an offense and he’s been on fire lately. Scoring both on the ground and in the air. Passing touchdown in 6 straight games. 7 passing touchdowns in the last 3. 

After a rough start to the year he’s borderline top 15 in touchdown passes for the season and top 15 for rushing TDs. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Varking said:

You say horrid but he’s not just getting rushing touchdowns. He’s getting passing touchdowns as well. Putting the ball in the end zone is the most important goal for an offense and he’s been on fire lately. Scoring both on the ground and in the air. Passing touchdown in 6 straight games. 7 passing touchdowns in the last 3. 

After a rough start to the year he’s borderline top 15 in touchdown passes for the season and top 15 for rushing TDs. 

he is averaging under 6 yards per throw, and less than 160 yards per game.... he has thrown 12 TDs to 7 INTs....  

Thats pretty bad... slap that on any other QB... are you goign to defend those numbers?

23 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

What @Davidson Deac IIis sharing is pretty significant. I get that Fields can run, and he is elite when it comes to it... but what he is lacking is the most important thing that someone in his position needs. Fields is not a good passer right now.  Yes, he would be elite if he could improve in passing.... but right now.. he is horrid when it comes to passing the football and bc he can run so well.... does not mean he should get a free pass.

Eventually, he will need to learn to get the ball out quicker.  If he can do that, and be accurate, he could be very good.  If not, his path will be more difficult.  

14 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

he is averaging under 6 yards per throw, and less than 160 yards per game.... he has thrown 12 TDs to 7 INTs....  

Thats pretty bad... slap that on any other QB... are you goign to defend those numbers?

If a QB was as young as he is, playing with the talent he is and thrown 7 TDs in his last three games I’d absolutely defend him. 

• Beer 2

12 minutes ago, Varking said:

If a QB was as young as he is, playing with the talent he is and thrown 7 TDs in his last three games I’d absolutely defend him. 

a few posts ago you said they were only one WR and a olineman away from being a top offense... I am confused now.... 

The one thing Im certain about is that Fields is just not a good passer.... yet.

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

a few posts ago you said they were only one WR and a olineman away from being a top offense... I am confused now.... 

The one thing Im certain about is that Fields is just not a good passer.... yet.

Correct. Fields IS their offense currently. A few changes to that and then the guys that are there are in much better positions to excel in the offense and take pressure off of him and he won’t need to run anywhere near as much. Look at the past four games… he’s superheroing the team to 30 points a game. One more lineman to the already young core they have, and one true #1 WR and that’s a very good looking offense. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

Correct. Fields IS their offense currently. A few changes to that and then the guys that are there are in much better positions to excel in the offense and take pressure off of him and he won’t need to run anywhere near as much. Look at the past four games… he’s superheroing the team to 30 points a game. One more lineman to the already young core they have, and one true #1 WR and that’s a very good looking offense. 

you are forgetting the main issue... Fields struggles to read the field and throw the ball. He is similiar to Darnold on reading the field. However, he can bail himself out with his feet. I am not sure if you are able to watch every play from the Bears games... but Fields struggles to get the ball out quick and tends to hold onto it. It is a big issue with him.  The stats are solid but the on field play would be horrendous if he wasnt running as well as he is. This isnt hate on the guy.... its just that he cant see the field.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

He's a Levis guy, not putting much faith in his current QB evaluations

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

you are forgetting the main issue... Fields struggles to read the field and throw the ball. He is similiar to Darnold on reading the field. However, he can bail himself out with his feet. I am not sure if you are able to watch every play from the Bears games... but Fields struggles to get the ball out quick and tends to hold onto it. It is a big issue with him.  The stats are solid but the on field play would be horrendous if he wasnt running as well as he is. This isnt hate on the guy.... its just that he cant see the field.

I literally watch every single play of the Bears last year and this year. 

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

He's a Levis guy, not putting much faith in his current QB evaluations

Levis is a less explosive Fields but I can see why he would respect that talent. But then it confuses me more for him to be on the Levis train and so easily dismiss Fields.