• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Justin Fields 61 yard rushing touchdown

5 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I just checked their boards and 90% of the comments are "Thank god we finally have a QB" type posts

I am in a 30 person bears fan club group chat.. there is a lot of excitement but many are tempering expectations with comments "only if he could be more consistent with his throwing."  

I used to watch football with this group in Chicago for about 3 years while I lived there.. no one bleeds more chicago bear blood than this group.  

Edited by TheCasillas

43 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Don't have to, Sam went 5 games in a row without one 

Lmao, the difference is we are no longer pursuing Sam as a franchise QB. Y’all are really in here clamoring for Justin Fields because he had a long rushing TD. He is an averagggggge qb ON HIS BEST DAY. He had a career day and only accounted for 3 TDs and a loss. Y’all need to leave QB evaluations to the experts and stick to madden. 

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, BlueBuck24 said:

Some posters in this thread are hilarious. So dug in to a take. Fields is progressing every week and he has made significant strides in the passing game and if you can’t see that, I genuinely don’t know what to tell you. 

Stockholm syndrome. Same people talked themselves into Darnold and Mayfield though.

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/justin-fields-progressions-first-read-analysis/

This is what I was taking about.  When he had time at weapons like he did at OSU he went to his 2nd/3rd options more efficiently that any QB in his class and his accuracy was also ranked up there.

If anything the red flags were he held the ball too long going through progressions at OSU.  The one read inaccurate passer is a myth.  Give him some time, weapons, and a good OC and I think he can make another jump in Chicago.

Im showing NFL clips, and you are showing me OSU clips? It's a completely different football game in college. The game moves WAAAAAY faster in the NFL.

1 minute ago, OneBadCat said:

Cam pre injury was an elite package at QB. You realize Mahomes isn’t as advanced of a passer as Brady and Rodgers right? He has the ability to throw the ball in wild ways but he isn’t reading and conceptualizing the field like Brady. 

Mahomes as a passer is light years better than Cam ever was.

Cam was an above average to good passer. 

But nowhere close to being elite.

Running and passing combined he was the 10th to 12th best QB in the league. 

And if you can play hypothetical out of every QB in the NFL during his career there's probably at least 20 I would have traded him for straight up. Maybe 30.

7 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Nagy made him look better, it’s not about bother it’s about facts. He’s not a good QB he’s not worth a top first round pick at this point much less a top 10 pick.

Why do it bother you? Are you a Ohio state fan?

Nah I like Auburn (went to school there).  I just thought Fields was a talent we shouldn't have passed in the draft when we desperately needed a QB so I did research on him before the draft.  A lot of what is being said about him has been shown to be inaccurate.

Nagy likes to try to force square pegs in round circles.  He needed to adjust the offense to Fields' skillset IMO, but that's history now.

24 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He has had Nagy has his HC last year and this year he has been working with 2 5th round picks as tackles and no weapons to throw to.  I expected him to fail in those circumstances.  The fact he is showing any sort of life is impressive.  Why does that bother you?

It doesn’t bother us lol. Y’all are making the argument we should have drafted him and missed out on a franchise qb. He has a long way to go before he even proves he belongs as a fringe starter in the league. He is a project and taking Horn was absolutely the right pick. Y’all get too hung up on splash plays and style points. Fields has been a largely 1 read QB that gets into trouble when his first read isn’t there. He needs to go through his developments. Franchise QBs raise the play of their teammates. He isn’t Cam, not even close. 

Edited by USDepartmentOfSavagery

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Im showing NFL clips, and you are showing me OSU clips? It's a completely different football game in college. The game moves WAAAAAY faster in the NFL.

My point is IF he has time and weapons he can do these things you are wanting him to do.  I can't show that in the NFL level because Chicago has failed to get him either.  He made plenty of NFL throws in college.  He has the mind/skillset to be a solid QB IMO.  

• Beer 2

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

Stockholm syndrome. Same people talked themselves into Darnold and Mayfield though.

It's like they can't admit they might be wrong...

I'll go first.  I thought Baker was going to make us competitive.  I was dead ass wrong!  OK now someone else give it a try. 

Oh I also thought Slater was a OG at best.  Wrong again!

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

11 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I just checked their boards and 90% of the comments are "Thank god we finally have a QB" type posts

Yeah no you didn’t. 

https://www.chicitysports.com/forum/threads/have-you-already-labeled-justin-fields-a-bust.90782/

found this after 15 seconds. Most Bears fans are holding out faith and rightfully so as it’s their team, but are also tending towards him being a bust. We are 9 weeks into the season and Fields has a below average game passing for NFL standards but “almost breaks the rushing record for a QB” in a loss, and here come the threads lol.