• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ickey (Again)

Jay Roosevelt

2 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Obvious revelation?  You mean where it implies that Rhule wasn't 100% at fault, because the other people in the room approved the moves?

Who's making nonsensical points again?

Did he have the power to overrule him?

If he didn't, what else would you suggest he should have done?

Just now, PNW_PantherMan said:

Not approve the move, get overruled, and then later say that was the case?

How would we know if he did? Airing those things out publicly would be unprofessional.

There's only one guy who would be in a position to know these things.

That guy fired Rhule but is keeping Fitterer.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

My thoughts exactly. What’s his best move? Taking the universally ranked top LT at 6 after having a terrible OL off-season in 2021 (Erving, Elflein, keeping Miller, not drafting Humphrey or Smith). That was the biggest no brainer ever. Greatest need by far equals BPA.

The hoops being jumped through to show he only made good moves and was forced into every bad decisions doesn’t hold water IMHO. There’s way more bad. We aren’t even in good cap shape and until we traded CMC we were still behind in draft picks.

Yes, only a very simple minded person would believe that.

Just now, stbugs said:

Reports after the fact don’t hold much weight because it’s always the case that the in place crew wants to look better and tag all the bad to the outgoing guy.

They hold more than your opinion does.

I understand that pisses you off but that's always the way it's going to be.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

How would we know if he did? Airing those things out publicly would be unprofessional.

There's only one guy who would be in a position to know these things.

That guy fired Rhule but is keeping Fitterer.

Just like he fired Rivera and kept Hurney. That was a great move. 

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I feel like the Watson stupidity was all Tepper.  I could be wrong, but it would definitely have to be signed off on by him.  They went all in on him and failed (luckily).  

Of course it was Tepper pushing it because that is the kind of stupidity you expect of a new owner but he is the professional that needs to speak up and be the voice of reason. You can disagree with most people in a constructive way and if you can't then you need to move along for your own good. I have heard zip about any of that from him in all of those mistakes and they did hire him to do Rhule's bidding so the shoe fits from a distance. 

By all accounts he sounds like a yes man and Hurney proved why those guys can stick around like cancer doing a substandard job. If anything comes up, and it well could, then I will eat those words but he appears without any evidence against it yet as a yes man from the stands. 

• Pie 3

36 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Not approve the move, get overruled, and then later say that was the case?

Just like you do at your job. Exactly, you wouldn't say shite and go along to get along. Good job on picking one excerpt out of a ten page article. You certainly know how to move the goalposts. 

1 minute ago, NorthTryon said:

Just like you do at your job. Exactly, you wouldn't say shite and go along to get along. Good job on picking one excerpt out of a ten page article. You certainly know how to move the goalposts. 

Yes it is like I would do at my job.  I don't sign off on anything I don't actually approve, and I raise those concerns to my leadership if needed.  If you want things done right you don't just sign off on bad ideas.

How is that quote moving the goal posts?  What exactly are you talking about? 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, stbugs said:

😂 Nothing here pisses me off. It’s a message board and you aren’t the king. I’m sure they do hold more weight. Are those reports anything but fluff after the fact? How about all the Wilks has made the team tough again fluff before we got our ass handed to us in the worst half I’ve even seen us play.

I’m still waiting for you to give me one really good move Fitterer has done. You said earlier in the off-season that Fitterer had taken over yet you still blame Rhule for everything. You keep adding in the old Temple and Baylor thing but we’ve got way more moves than those and probably the best “value” move we made was bringing in Reddick which I think we can tie directly to Rhule/Snow.

I actually have answered that question before, but your typical response is along the lines of "no, he didn't because I say he didn't" so I'm not wasting my time.

You won't accept anything that argues against your "Fitterer must be fired" opinion, even the report from well-connected sources that say he's "very safe". 

And you not getting emotional on here? Please 😆

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I actually have answered that question before, but your typical response is along the lines of "no, he didn't because I say he didn't" so I'm not wasting my time.

You won't accept anything that argues against your "Fitterer must be fired" opinion, even the report from well-connected sources that say he's "very safe". 

And you not getting emotional on here? Please 😆

Well connected sources(from you)blamed Hurney for all the damage Rhule did to the roster/cap in the 2020 off-season. How did that turn out? 

• Pie 1