• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brugler: Next year's quarterbacks "not universally loved"

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Im begining to agree... ive watched so much college football this year, and I just dont see the ascendance of elite prospects that I thought we would. Of course, things can change... but im not sure we see 2 QBs go in the top 10 this year. 

I think you will.  There's just too much desperation for qb help that teams will take 2 easily.  We are going to be one of those teams.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

So your telling me having another first next year would be a great option now...interesting.

kicking the can down the road isnt the answer.... just bc these kids out of college dont look elite doesnt mean they wont be great. The consensus is becoming that there is not a "sure-fire" pick. However, there are only two* QBs on winning teams right now that was a "sure-fire" pick. 

1. Burrow

2. Tua

Edited by TheCasillas
editted bc i forgot about Tua
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

How did we go from “This is a deep, amazing class” to “This class may have 1 or 2 starter level QBs”?

It happens every year. Predicting what qb's will emerge as top candidates a year early is a fools errand.  You have to let it play out in the year they come out and the last game is played. Then you will see who rises to the top.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 8

Just now, Jon Snow said:

I think you will.  There's just too much desperation for qb help that teams will take 2 easily.  We are going to be one of those teams.

I think people are still shellshocked from last year. When thr bar drops that low it begins to muddle the view because it is all up and so far at that.

Pretty much how we will be talking during the coach search after Frule.

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

@LinvilleGorgehas me on this Anthony Richardson trade back plan... Pending who our new HC is... AND how Richardson finishes the season, I could be down with developing AR while backing up MC9.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

6 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

How did we go from “This is a deep, amazing class” to “This class may have 1 or 2 starter level QBs”?

it’s what you say when it starts to look like you’re not going to get the singular QB prospect you had your entire franchise waiting on

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

kicking the can down the road isnt the answer.... just bc these kids out of college dont look elite doesnt mean they wont be great. The consensus is becoming that there is not a "sure-fire" pick. However, there are only two* QBs on winning teams right now that was a "sure-fire" pick. 

1. Burrow

2. Tua

Ohh I am fine with snagging a QB. There is zero excuse to not in this draft. It may not be a 1st but that debate can't really rage until we know where we are picking and who is available.

I was saying it would be nice to have that safety net to take another swing if the first one wasn't good enough. Another 1st in 2024 gives us a lot of options in a worst case scenario.

• Pie 2