• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other NFL Games Thread

kungfoodude

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

How he wasn't the first QB taken is beyond me. Just look at the guy. He belongs. The arm translates. The athleticism translates. The only knock on him is that he lacks ideal height.

How'd the NFL missed the eval on this kid so badly is baffling to me.

Alright now settle down. You UNC fans are extremely biased with any and every UNC player. This is a VERY small sample size in week 17 against a team that’s already in the playoffs. Philly is playing against a rookie QB and Dallas knows that. I mean look how anemic Dallas is with their play-calling. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Alright now settle down. You UNC fans are extremely biased with any and every UNC player. This is a VERY small sample size in week 17 against a team that’s already in the playoffs. Philly is playing against a rookie QB and Dallas knows that. I mean look how anemic Dallas is with their play-calling. 

It's true. It's not exactly saying much given the rest of the class. But yeah, Howell was clearly the best of the lot. I'm not saying this as revisionist history. I was saying this at this time last year 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

On the first QB overall, Pickett has actually had some amazing throws the last couple weeks and the team has rallied behind him. Not saying Howell couldn't have done that, but Pittsburgh appears to have made the right QB choice so far.

Give a Howell that snap count and I think he's well ahead of Pickett. Pickett just isn't very good.

Everyone (outside of Carolina fans) overthought the Howell situation.

When he had talent he was one of the best QB’s in college football, as his talent disappeared, his play dropped off a bit because he played a bit of hero ball. Howell was prepared to play in the NFL in part because of the situation that he was previously in.

From a numbers perspective, you have a guy who put up the following numbers in his senior season:

3,000 yards (63% completion percentage), 24 passing TD’s, 828 rushing yards, and 11 rushing TD’s… all while being sacked 3.9 times per game because he played behind the third worst OL in college football. Statistically, only Liberty and Akron gave up more sacks.

And then the same scouts that didn’t like Howell are the ones that have Levis pegged as a first round QB because of his stature.

Will he be the QB of the future for the Commies, who know’s, but he’s much better than his draft position.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

11 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

The height thing was definitely overblown. I guess the scouts never heard of Fran Tarkenton, Doug Flutie or Drew Brees. It’s not a stretch that Howell could have similar success.

I mean, he measured in at 6'1". If he was an inch taller no one would've said a word. I'll be honest, I thought he was probably 6 event at very best. I was surprised when he measured in at his listed 6'1". I think his stockiness makes him appear shorter. He's built like a RB.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Stay mad. 😂

Hey stupid phuck.

He doesn't play for us.

I asked to draft him

He doesn't play for UNC.

The minute he no longer plays for UNC and doesn't play for Us he becomes the enemy.

So move your hippy ass to NOVA and root for him.

2 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Hey stupid phuck.

He doesn't play for us.

I asked to draft him

He doesn't play for UNC.

The minute he no longer plays for UNC and doesn't play for Us he becomes the enemy.

You can root for a player even if they're not on our team.  I like a lot of non-Panthers when they're not playing us.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Hey stupid phuck.

He doesn't play for us.

I asked to draft him

He doesn't play for UNC.

See ya tomorrow. That would've gotten you a week if you'd directed that to anyone other than me.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1