• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post your 2023 Mocks/Simulations Here!

45catfan

Ok, I'll admit it, I've been running simulations already.  The most recent ones have actually turned out REALLY good.  I wanted to post my latest and greatest one but realized we haven't created a thread yet for the 2023 draft.  Mid-November is about the right time to fire this puppy up.  Let's get it!!!

• Pie 1

Carolina Panthers 2023 Mock Draft 7 rounds (11/16) based on profootballnetwork simulator.

Young are going to Houston with the 1st overall pick and Stroud to Las Vegas.

So...

1st round: With the third pick, The Carolina Panthers select EDGE Will Anderson from Alabama. I select the BPA after the 2 best QB are gone. He will be form a great duo with Burns and make some crazy pressure to the QB in this passing league. 

2nd round: I add some talent in offense with the great WR Josh Downs from North Carolina. With the San Francisco pick, I fill a big need with the selection of ILB Jack Campbell from Iowa.

3rd round: I add depth chart with OL Cody Mauch from North Dakota State. He is from a small U but nice talent, it's a OT in college but projected OG in NFL (like Brady Christensen). A smooth athlete with terrific mobility and footwork. He will be a steal like Cole Strange.

4th round: it's time to find a RB to complete Donta Foreman. I selected RB Blake Corum from Michigan thanks to is incredible season for the Wolverines. We are back in the 4th and Carolina Panthers select QB Grayson McCall from Coastal Carolina, a local guy. I assume with Young and Stroud gone before us, we are going to a new lottery QB starting. I want a competition during training camp between PJ, Corral and McCall. I don't know if GMC is the future, but he can be a sort of Taysom Hill I think. We need a offensive minded OC to use him.

5th round: CB Riley Moss from Iowa. This is the second man from the Hawkeys defense. I'm very intrigued by him with nice stats and nice combine, especially in 20 yards shuttle.

7th round: I want competition for the starting PK competition next year with Zane Gonzalez back to a hard injury. PK Harrisson Mevis from Missouri have a great leg and college background. To finish our mock draft, I select DT Zacch Pickens from South Carolina and to add some weight in the DLine.

Edited by Chris Smitty
  • Pie 1

I've been running simulations, but honestly I don't like where we are picking right now in the first round.  At #3, I almost have to take Young/Stroud because one of the two (sometimes both) are available.  If we win a few more games, I will start posting my simulations.  I have a plan, but picking so high right now is messing it up.  Worst case scenario and we still are top 5 pick by the end of the season, I'll either trade back or take one of top 3 QBs. 

25 minutes ago, Chris Smitty said:

Carolina Panthers 2023 Mock Draft 7 rounds (11/16) based on profootballnetwork simulator.

Young are going to Houston with the 1st overall pick and Stroud to Las Vegas.

So...

1st round: With the third pick, The Carolina Panthers select EDGE Will Anderson from Alabama. I select the BPA after the 2 best QB are gone. He will be form a great duo with Burns and make some crazy pressure to the QB in this passing league. 

2nd round: I add some talent in offense with the great WR Josh Downs from North Carolina. With the San Francisco pick, I fill a big need with the selection of ILB Jack Campbell from Iowa.

3rd round: I add depth chart with OL Cody Mauch from North Dakota State. He is from a small U but nice talent, it's a OT in college but projected OG in NFL (like Brady Christensen). A smooth athlete with terrific mobility and footwork. He will be a steal like Cole Strange.

4th round: it's time to find a RB to complete Donta Foreman. I selected RB Blake Corum from Michigan thanks to is incredible season for the Wolverines. We are back in the 4th and Carolina Panthers select QB Grayson McCall from Coastal Carolina, a local guy. I assume with Young and Stroud gone before us, we are going to a new lottery QB starting. I want a competition during training camp between PJ, Corral and McCall. I don't know if GMC is the future, but he can be a sort of Taysom Hill I think. We need a offensive minded OC to use him.

5th round: CB Riley Moss from Iowa. This is the second man from the Hawkeys defense. I'm very intrigued by him with nice stats and nice combine, especially in 20 yards shuttle.

7th round: I want competition for the starting PK competition next year with Zane Gonzalez back to a hard injury. PK Harrisson Mevis from Missouri have a great leg and college background. To finish our mock draft, I select DT Zacch Pickens from South Carolina and to add some weight in the DLine.

I like it!  Outside of a K and CB, I've been choosing some of the same positions, around the same rounds too.  I continue to trade back as we need more selections this draft...minimum of 9.  Also, I don't think we have a 7th rounder. That was a conditional pick and the conditions were not met to my knowledge.

1st: CJ Stroud- I don’t think QBs go before the 1st pick. So Stroud falls in our lap here.  Even if Bryce and Stroud go off the board.  We will go QB.  Whether it be Levis or AR.  This is a Talented group, and there will be no more kicking the can down the curb.  Tepper will not let the same mistake happen again.  Where we opted to go BPA with Derrick Brown Vs aggressively pursue a QB like trading up for a QB like Herbert.  They do it the right way this time pairing the QB with the new HC.

2nd: Zach Harrison- 2 of the deeper position groups in this draft is edge rusher and WR.  Which we will take advantage of.  YGM has been a liability and a Huge weakness on this defense.  Harrison is a elite athlete with tremendous upside.  He falls here due to his production not matching.  He has been solid this year, but not taken that next step.  With multiple other Good Edge Rushers in this class, causes him to drop 

SF 2nd: Zay Flowers- like mentioned above.  We take advantage of the 2 groups.  Many don’t realize how big a need at WR truly is.  DJ Moore is the only proven guy.  Terrace Marshall has shown some flashes since Rhule left.  Buts it’s been a small sample compared to 1.5 years of disappointment.  Shenault has been nothing more than a Gimik play guy.  He was traded from Jax because he couldn’t create separation and run routes.  When we specifically designed touches he’s been fine.  But that absolutely not what you want from your 1-3 WRs.  Shi Smith seems like one of those training camp warriors, really struggling in the regular season.  If you notice what most of the top QBs all have in common.  It’s they have stud Weapons around them.  Additionally, explosive weapons have become a hot commodity.  Flowers is Tiny, but is a Explosive playmaker.  If he was 1 inch taller and 10 pounds heavier, he’d be a 1st rounder.  But with the depth of this class,  he falls in our lap here.  Flowers is a nice compliment to DJ and Terrace. 

3rd: Dalton KindcaidPanther use one of the 4th rd picks they acquired in the trade, to move up from their next pick.  Kincaid is a stud and a potential weapon at TE.  TE has been a Major weakness for this offense.  Kincaid give Stroud that nice safety blanket.

4th: Tank Bigsby- Foreman isn’t resigned for next year yet.  And Chubba Hubbard ain’t it.  This is a very good RB class.  And you’ll see some talent fall to this spot.  Tank is one.  Even if we bring Foreman back.  RB is one of the more injury effected positions.  So you need more than 1 capable RB on the depth chart.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, ncfan said:

1st: CJ Stroud- I don’t think QBs go before the 1st pick. So Stroud falls in our lap here.  Even if Bryce and Stroud go off the board.  We will go QB.  Whether it be Levis or AR.  This is a Talented group, and there will be no more kicking the can down the curb.  Tepper will not let the same mistake happen again.  Where we opted to go BPA with Derrick Brown Vs aggressively pursue a QB like trading up for a QB like Herbert.  They do it the right way this time pairing the QB with the new HC.

2nd: Zach Harrison- 2 of the deeper position groups in this draft is edge rusher and WR.  Which we will take advantage of.  YGM has been a liability and a Huge weakness on this defense.  Harrison is a elite athlete with tremendous upside.  He falls here due to his production not matching.  He has been solid this year, but not taken that next step.  With multiple other Good Edge Rushers in this class, causes him to drop 

SF 2nd: Zay Flowers- like mentioned above.  We take advantage of the 2 groups.  Many don’t realize how big a need at WR truly is.  DJ Moore is the only proven guy.  Terrace Marshall has shown some flashes since Rhule left.  Buts it’s been a small sample compared to 1.5 years of disappointment.  Shenault has been nothing more than a Gimik play guy.  He was traded from Jax because he couldn’t create separation and run routes.  When we specifically designed touches he’s been fine.  But that absolutely not what you want from your 1-3 WRs.  Shi Smith seems like one of those training camp warriors, really struggling in the regular season.  If you notice what most of the top QBs all have in common.  It’s they have stud Weapons around them.  Additionally, explosive weapons have become a hot commodity.  Flowers is Tiny, but is a Explosive playmaker.  If he was 1 inch taller and 10 pounds heavier, he’d be a 1st rounder.  But with the depth of this class,  he falls in our lap here.  Flowers is a nice compliment to DJ and Terrace. 

3rd: Dalton KindcaidPanther use one of the 4th rd picks they acquired in the trade, to move up from their next pick.  Kincaid is a stud and a potential weapon at TE.  TE has been a Major weakness for this offense.  Kincaid give Stroud that nice safety blanket.

4th: Tank Bigsby- Foreman isn’t resigned for next year yet.  And Chubba Hubbard ain’t it.  This is a very good RB class.  And you’ll see some talent fall to this spot.  Tank is one.  Even if we bring Foreman back.  RB is one of the more injury effected positions.  So you need more than 1 capable RB on the depth chart.

I just find it hard to believe we will not take a quarterback in the first round even if we trade up. 

9 hours ago, ncfan said:

I've been taking Harrison and Kincaid in simulations as well, although I am not taking a chance of Kincaid not being there in the 3rd, so I take him pick 2b.  I think we re-sign Foreman. There is mutual interest.  So I have been taking smaller backs in the 4th; Brown, McBride or Corum.  Taking a MLB at the top of the 4th and the RB at 4b.  Drafting a WR in the 3rd.

3 hours ago, Stuart Smith said:

I just find it hard to believe we will not take a quarterback in the first round even if we trade up. 

Value.  If by some weird stroke of luck we win a few more games and end up in no-mans land at the back end of the top 10, you just don't draft a QB because you need one.  Attempt to move back, then draft a QB, draft another position and have enough ammunition to move back into the end of round 1 if the guys is still there you like.

12 hours ago, Shocker said:

First 5 rounds no trades…would take this in a min…

A5CAD486-2C1E-437D-B6CF-E9D1A34B414E.jpeg

This would be the dang lottery, love this except for the Michael Penix Jr. pick. We already have a project QB in Corral, so not sure there is value taking a second QB this draft.