• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Still on track for a QB pick pie

NAS

5 hours ago, YourLastThought said:

How do you do Sundays when our team plays? Do you root against them and get mad if they do well? It just feels weird to me and I haven't been. I've just been rooting for good play and if we get a win I feel good for the guys who get it. I don't understand this other way of wishing bad upon them and for them to be crushed every game. I realize a higher pick is always better even for trading down for multiple picks band different scenarios but how do you go about rooting against your boys so easily and also who is this Andrew Luck type QB that is a can't miss you are wanting exactly? Which QB is it? To me they all look nothing like a polished Andrew Luck or a big freak of nature with electric level excitement like Cam Newton. Who is your guy that causes you to root against our boys every Sunday?

It's the Perennial fantasy football league mentality. As soon as you are out of contention you start trading all your players away for draft picks next year.  Only to have another losing season. Rinse and Repeat.

I can't and never will rout for a loss.  If we lose, so be it but I want us to fight until the end.  The players will do the same.

It's a loser's mentality to want to tank every season.  It's been that way for the past 3+ years.   Maybe we should just IR everyone and let our PS guys play next year so we have a shot at Maye. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

It's the Perennial fantasy football league mentality. As soon as you are out of contention you start trading all your players away for draft picks next year.  Only to have another losing season. Rinse and Repeat.

I can't and never will rout for a loss.  If we lose, so be it but I want us to fight until the end.  The players will do the same.

It's a loser's mentality to want to tank every season.  It's been that way for the past 3+ years.   Maybe we should just IR everyone and let our PS guys play next year so we have a shot at Maye. 

It's not a loser's mentality to realize winning games that don't matter anywhere but the stat sheet doesn't actually make the team better. Man, that Washington win against Rivera sure felt good. Granted it cost us our shot at 2 QBs who are looking pretty darn good right now but that win is going to carry me for the next 10 years of pathetic football year after year. Man that was a great win. I dont even remember the fuging score.

I'm not rooting for them to win. I'm not rooting for them to lose. I don't care who they fire. I don't care who they trade. Figure it out. Put a quality product on the field for more than a single season. If they want this fanbase to show up and be proud, do something worthy of our adoration. 

14 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

It's not a loser's mentality to realize winning games that don't matter anywhere but the stat sheet doesn't actually make the team better. Man, that Washington win against Rivera sure felt good. Granted it cost us our shot at 2 QBs who are looking pretty darn good right now but that win is going to carry me for the next 10 years of pathetic football year after year. Man that was a great win. I dont even remember the fuging score.

I'm not rooting for them to win. I'm not rooting for them to lose. I don't care who they fire. I don't care who they trade. Figure it out. Put a quality product on the field for more than a single season. If they want this fanbase to show up and be proud, do something worthy of our adoration. 

If you want us to tank, it's a loser's mentality.  It's that simple.  We've discussed this on here and most tankers believe there are only 2 players in the entire draft worthy of being picked up.  You don't reach for a QB that has too many question marks. 

Every single QB in this draft has an upside and downside.  We'll most likely be in the top 5 and I will not be surprised if we trade down. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Who cares right now? We haven't even seen any of the pre-draft workouts. We are right now the 2nd worst team based on draft pick slot. 3-8 and in last place in the worst division in football. We are basically out of the playoffs for the 4th straight year. Why do you act like us tankers are having any impact at all? If you want to talk about how we are somehow going to make the playoffs when we are 3 losses behind Tampa with only 6 games left and they have a similar schedule to us, feel free. Also, the division is the only path. We are 4 and 5 losses (with 6 games left) behind the bottom two WC teams and they both beat us. We have no shot at the WC spots. 

Personally, I still don't think we will get one of the top 2 QBs. Our remaining schedule has a couple wins it and there are an absurd 7 more teams with 3 wins. a quarter of the teams in the NFL are 3-7 or 3-8. Where we go with QBs is a guessing game. Without the Burns haul, I think we aren't in good shape for going after the top 2 QBs this year or next.

You're basically defending tanking but disagreeing with the OP's thread title of wanting to tank for a mystery QB he hasn't named

2 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

For the 50th time who do the tankers want at QB? We need receipts or these threads need to end

Another thing bunge with me is If we do identify our franchise guy I don’t want to have to trade a fortune to move up because of meaningless wins. That’s where my tanking hope comes in