• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If season ended today which QB would you take.

Panthercougar68

25 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I like Minshew as a Taylor Heinicke type of reliable backup, but does he have the mentoring/knowledge to bring along a rookie?

What do you mean?  He has been a starter and a backup without any issues.  Seems like a laid back, team first guy.  As far as "mentoring" we should have a staff to help do that and develop the QB.  He is Hurts backup now and Hurts seems to be developing just fine.  

28 minutes ago, rayzor said:

if the goal is to grow a good mustache then minshew would be a great mentor. as a QB mentor ...i don't know about that.

Imagine us drafting your favorite QB in this draft.  Now imagine that same rookie QB with a fantastic mustache.  Can you honestly say he is not better with a mustache???  I didn't think so...

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

What do you mean?  He has been a starter and a backup without any issues.  Seems like a laid back, team first guy.  As far as "mentoring" we should have a staff to help do that and develop the QB.  He is Hurts backup now and Hurts seems to be developing just fine.  

Hurts was also not a rookie when the Eagles traded for Minshew.  I don't hate the idea, but I think an older, more established  guy would fit the bill better though.

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Hurts was also not a rookie when the Eagles traded for Minshew.  I don't hate the idea, but I think an older, more established  guy would fit the bill better though.

Minshew would also already know the system if we land the Eagles OC.  That has to be a plus right?  

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Minshew would also already know the system if we land the Eagles OC.  That has to be a plus right?  

Yes, no doubt there.  Again, If we had an established guy already at QB1, I'd be all in for Minshew being our backup.  I'm jut not sure about him being the best guy to bring along a rookie QB.  He kinda seems like he's his own dude...if that makes any sense; I'm not getting a mentoring vibe going on with Minshew.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He’s also actually been good regardless of system. The Jags should have rolled with him and gave him weapons to throw to vs going for Lawrence. I get it, he was a sixth rounder. But if Minshew was a first rounder and put up the same numbers he already has folks would be looking at him like a good QB. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Snake said:

TBH it's way too early to say and it depends on who our HC is. I know for sure Texas will pick Stroud. He's by far the best of the group even if he's surrounded by 1st round picks. After that it's pick your weakness at this point. 

I dont know man we still have a long way to go.  They may fall in love with the upside of levis or the overall ready made game of young.  I would take stroud #1 but he hasnt done a ton to distance himself as the #1. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

he's got some of the worst luck with injuries in football. i just don't see how that couldn't carry over into the NFL. otherwise i like him, but those injuries....i'd be fine letting someone else take that risk.

And to add, he wasn't straight fire before this year, injuries aside. Amazing year in 2022, all the throws and size. 1 year in a pac 12 with 0 defense to be found and he lights it up. I get the hype, like you, not buying round one. He could be legit but the injury flags,age flag, PAC 12 conference flag, and previous meh to ugh years even with the injuries, I'm not betting on that in the 1st if I'm a GM on the hot seat. Now 2nd round I'm close to pulling the trigger, but in the  3rd I'll bite depending on the rest of the QB board. 

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I dont know man we still have a long way to go.  They may fall in love with the upside of levis or the overall ready made game of young.  I would take stroud #1 but he hasnt done a ton to distance himself as the #1. 

He's the most complete. Has the size and ability. It's still early though and things could change. I will say this though. You can't change Young's size and you can't make the UK QB make better decisions. Stroud has everything except elite speed which no top QB has. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Snake said:

He's the most complete. Has the size and ability. It's still early though and things could change. I will say this though. You can't change Young's size and you can't make the UK QB make better decisions. Stroud has everything except elite speed which no top QB has. 

I thought before the season they were talking about how stroud is a good athlete and Day is going to run him more.  I guess that was just lip service

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I thought before the season they were talking about how stroud is a good athlete and Day is going to run him more.  I guess that was just lip service

I mean they are all athletic. He's not a statue but hes not as fast as Fields or anywhere near where Lamar Jackson is.