• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who should we be looking at outside the "top 4" QB candidates?

rayzor

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

So you want the new HC to bank his entire first season on a 3rd round rookie that is on IR and looked bad in his limited playing time??  I get keeping him on the roster and letting him compete, but that is one hell of a gamble...

Bigger gamble to bank on someone who's a giant question mark. Corral has a year in the system with just about as much potential as everyone else outside of Young/Stroud. 

3 minutes ago, Fright said:

Bigger gamble to bank on someone who's a giant question mark. Corral has a year in the system with just about as much potential as everyone else outside of Young/Stroud. 

Corral would have to learn a new system under the new coach just as the rookie would. But it’s still “what the coach wants”. If an amazing coach candidate comes in and says i want to coach corral i mean cool but that likely doesn’t happen is what is being said. 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

agreed... I don't think having Corral should negate or influence Travis as a potential selection. Even if we took say stroud in round 1. Travis as a backup taken in say the 6-7 isnt a bad idea. I think after this season we wipe the qb locker room clean.. Having 3 qbs compete for the spot of back and starter isnt a bad idea.

I don’t mind this. To me, after years and years of waiting, I am set on we need a round 1-2 QB now and if we want to take a chance on another guy in this draft as well thats fine by me. Worked for Washing when they got RGIII and Cousins. They just unfortunately hitched their wagon to the guy they ruined by playing him too hurt. 

• Pie 1

I think if we miss out on Stroud, Young and Levis we are fugged in this draft anyway.  Maybe a reach for Richardson in the second.  Otherwise we should just build and wait

That said I think if at all possible we would spend whatever to move up and get 1 of those 3

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

On 11/27/2022 at 8:59 AM, 45catfan said:

I have a co-worker that's a HUGE, HUGE Gators fan and he says Richardson has been saying behind the scenes he's probably returning next year, though obviously nothing official yet.

I’m on a million gator sites and circles for like 13 years now and the consensus almost everywhere behind the scenes was he was gone.