• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Championship Week

Catsfan69

“I’ll say this, man. Four weeks ago, we talked about it on GameDay, and I was like, ‘Dude, this dude is the best in college football.’ … He does more things better than everybody,” Pollack said. “He’s 6’5, he’s 220, he throws into tight windows, he throws under pressure, he scrambles to get time, he spreads it around to multiple receivers.

“That’s an amazing point, and he’s what I would do, Dan, if he did that and I was at all these big-time schools. ‘Hey, which one of my boosters are billionaires? Bro, I need $10 million. I’m going to get you the best quarterback in college football. Can you make that happen?’ I think it would be an absolute no-brainer.”

Article that is pure speculation.

During an ACC championship game news conference previewing the Saturday matchup against Clemson, Brown was asked whether he was worried about players like Maye being offered deals to play elsewhere next season.

"One of the real issues we've got in college football is people that are tampering with guys on your team and paying them money to leave," Brown said. "It's an issue that needs to get stopped.

"I sat down and did lunch with one of our starters the other day, and I said, 'Are you getting calls?' He said, 'Coach, I've got 15 places I can go.' He said, 'I'm not going anywhere.' I said, 'Are they offering you money?' He said, 'Yes, 100 percent.'"

This article doesn't name the starter in question and only says Brown expects Maye to stay.

13 minutes ago, CRA said:

Cade has been the best QB since spring.  That’s not saying a lot because DJ sucks but he wasn’t #2 on the depth chart because DJ was the better option.  DJ topped the depth chart because Dabo thought the nation was too hard on a good kid and he wanted to prove the world wrong and reward a good kid for doing all the right things.  But he wasn’t starting all year because Dabo didn’t have faith Cade was be better. 

he is a true freshmen.  He isn’t going to be perfect.  I don’t expect the 2nd half to look like the first…..but calling him a turnover machine is bogus.   Probably a poor time to argue it after the kid scored on every drive he had. 

Nice "pass".

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Nice "pass".

I mean, the true freshman has scored on every drive but that one.  I got no issue with Cade.  He isn’t going to light the word on fire every drive lol.  I don’t even care if we win as long as the DJ era ended tonight.  Nothing better than that. 

and your QB should of been picked off right before that throwing into double coverage.  I don’t think he is a true freshman.