• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL: Titans part ways with GM Jon Robinson

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

considering how the Eagles just dismantled them, part of me feels that he was strong on getting rid of Brown and that has blown up in his face

Possible, but they've been a pretty good team during his tenure.

Cowden was formerly part of the Panthers organization and he's had GM interviews before. Guess now they'll get to see what he can do.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Looked up Robinson's resumé to see if he had any connections here. He does, and it's a longstanding one.

Robinson and personnel guy Pat Stewart spent about a decade working together in New England. They were there during some of the Patriots best years.

Ready to move on from your Fitt crush? 😄

• The D 1
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Ready to move on from your Fitt crush? 

I'm not for firing Fitterer, but I wouldn't mind adding Robinson to our front office.

From The Athletic (link)

Robinson is the only general manger in franchise history to oversee six consecutive winning seasons.

Tennessee earned playoff berths in four of the past five seasons. The Titans advanced to the 2019 AFC Championship game, compiled consecutive AFC South titles the past two seasons and earned the AFC’s No. 1 seed last season.

Since Robinson took over in 2016, the Titans have the ninth-best overall winning percentage (.606) and fifth-best winning percentage in divisional games (.667).

The team's statement basically indicates they think he's done a good job, just not good enough (i.e. no Super Bowls).

Probably some internal politics and stuff there too. There just about always is.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not for firing Fitterer, but I wouldn't mind adding Robinson to our front office.

From The Athletic (link)

Robinson is the only general manger in franchise history to oversee six consecutive winning seasons.

Tennessee earned playoff berths in four of the past five seasons. The Titans advanced to the 2019 AFC Championship game, compiled consecutive AFC South titles the past two seasons and earned the AFC’s No. 1 seed last season.

Since Robinson took over in 2016, the Titans have the ninth-best overall winning percentage (.606) and fifth-best winning percentage in divisional games (.667).

The team's statement basically indicates they think he's done a good job, just not good enough (i.e. no Super Bowls).

Probably some internal politics and stuff there too. There just about always is.

I'm not sure Fitt would like having a former GM with a much better record sitting in the office looking over his shoulder. Egos would probably clash.

4 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I'm not sure Fitt would like having a former GM with a much better record sitting in the office looking over his shoulder. Egos would probably clash.

Don't really imagine that being a problem. He's not the type.

Hell, the guy worked under Matt Rhule 😕

• Pie 2