• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Wilks has proved he has what it takes to be HC

Verge

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

You legit said "Wilks doesn't know anything about NFL offenses," then admitted right after he did have an understanding of them when it was pointed out how dumb that is.

Of course he's letting his coordinators coordinate. Are you saying he doesn't know anything about NFL defenses, either? 🤣. Saying HCs need good coordinators is not the same as saying an HC needs a coordinator because they "know nothing about" the offensive/defensive side of the ball.

See, the Huddle is a place you can't just interpret everything ridiculous as hyperbole.  You can admit you were exaggerating for effect, it's ok.

Ok idiot you are just trying to ignore 99% of what I said to make yourself right. I'm not sure how many times I have to explain it to you but it seems like you are never going to get it. Move along before this gets really embarrassing for you and your lack of knowledge. Because you have already have been taken to school you just don't realize it. 

17 minutes ago, Snake said:

Ok idiot you are just trying to ignore 99% of what I said to make yourself right. I'm not sure how many times I have to explain it to you but it seems like you are never going to get it. Move along before this gets really embarrassing for you and your lack of knowledge. Because you have already have been taken to school you just don't realize it. 

Snake arguing with himself, in three posts:

"[Wilks] has zero knowledge of offensive football."

"He may have some understanding of offenses"

"You idiot don't you read posts he's not some mastermind!"

What's so funny about this is if your stance is, "he knows about NFL offenses but not enough to run an offense and needs an OC to do that," we agree!  I just disagreed with your initial *unqualified* statement that he has zero knowledge of offensive football.

But I like I struck a nerve and now I understand the bag wearing a bit better.

Edit: and having a coordinator doesn't mean "zero knowledge" either.

Edited by mav1234
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Snake said:

I don't see a win out scenario as a 100% commitment. It's not a outstanding accomplishment. It's just beating bad teams. We still have a really easy schedule and it's definitely not a murderer row by any means. 

This is not an easy schedule for us

While this schedule probably wouldn't frighten KC or Buffaloe, I think there are serious challenges ahead.  It would be a significant accomplishment to win out...

• We'd have to beat Pittsburgh, a nemesis that has bitch-slapped us for years.
  • We'd have to beat Detroit - a red hot team who has won 5 of 6 and in the playoff hunt.
  • We'd have to beat TB at their place with the playoffs probably on the line.  In two games last year they beat us 32-6 and 41-17.  
  • We'd have to beat NO at their place.  These games are almost always close.  I guarantee they will pull out all the stops to spoil the party.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, grimesgoat said:

While this schedule probably wouldn't frighten KC or Buffaloe, I think there are serious challenges ahead.  It would be a significant accomplishment to win out...

• We'd have to beat Detroit - a red hot team who has won 5 of 6 and in the playoff hunt.
  • We'd have to beat TB at their place with the playoffs probably on the line.  In two games last year they beat us 32-6 and 41-17.  
  • We'd have to beat NO at their place.  These games are almost always close.  I guarantee they will pull out all the stops to spoil the party.  

Not to mention in the NFL going on a 6 game winning streak is hard no matter the opponents... 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, grimesgoat said:

Nothing is for certain but those teams are either below 500 or barley above it. No it's not a cake walk but it's not a really hard schedule either. 

Steve Wilks has done a remarkable job since taking over as Carolina's interim head coach, resurrecting the Panthers' season by leading the team to three wins in the past four games. The good times keep rollin' this week, as Wilks' bunch takes down the Steelers. Couple that with a Bucs loss to the Bengals, and Carolina ends the weekend in the NFC South driver's seat, a position it won't relinquish this season. Wilks is looking like the Coach of the Year and the Panthers' permanent head man.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-week-15-bold-predictions-jaguars-upset-cowboys-mayfield-magic-continues-for-

3 hours ago, mav1234 said:

Snake arguing with himself, in three posts:

"[Wilks] has zero knowledge of offensive football."

"He may have some understanding of offenses"

"You idiot don't you read posts he's not some mastermind!"

What's so funny about this is if your stance is, "he knows about NFL offenses but not enough to run an offense and needs an OC to do that," we agree!  I just disagreed with your initial *unqualified* statement that he has zero knowledge of offensive football.

But I like I struck a nerve and now I understand the bag wearing a bit better.

Edit: and having a coordinator doesn't mean "zero knowledge" either.

Dude you're a 🤡 and trying to gaslight your way out of it. Pretty pathetic my dude. 

9 hours ago, Snake said:

Is that really Wilks scheme? He has zero knowledge of offensive football. I think they are more likely working to a common goal. That's play to the strength of the team while limiting the weaknesses. It's not a revolutionary concept but it's a successful one most of the time if you want to beat bad teams. 

McAdoo said the offensive philosophy and vision came from Wilkes. His job was getting the players ready to execute it each week gameplanning and coaching.

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

McAdoo said the offensive philosophy and vision came from Wilkes. His job was getting the players ready to execute it each week gameplanning and coaching.

Or was it just them working together. I mean he didn't really do this well in AZ. Either way it's working right now. 

4 hours ago, Snake said:

Dude you're a 🤡 and trying to gaslight your way out of it. Pretty pathetic my dude. 

Your first post said "[Wilks] has zero knowledge of offensive football." Then it was "Ok, he knows a little, but McAdoo knows more." Then it was, "The reason Wilks has had any success is because of McAdoo and Holcomb. [Wilks isn't some] ultra multitasking HC." I never said he was ... multitasking as an OC, or knew more than the OC, or whatever. My point in every post has been this: Wilks knows more than "zero" about an NFL offense. As is the cast for most HCs, he likely has a vision that he works with his coordinators to implement.

You're the one that called me an idiot and whatever else just for replying to you.  I clearly struck a nerve, which is pretty funny, given I've never had a problem admitting when I was wrong here before.  I wouldn't now.  I agree - and always have - that Wilks is going to need a good OC to have any sustained success.  Doesn't mean I agree he "has zero knowledge of offensive football."

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, mav1234 said:

Your first post said "[Wilks] has zero knowledge of offensive football." Then it was "Ok, he knows a little, but McAdoo knows more." Then it was, "The reason Wilks has had any success is because of McAdoo and Holcomb. [Wilks isn't some] ultra multitasking HC." I never said he was ... multitasking as an OC, or knew more than the OC, or whatever. My point in every post has been this: Wilks knows more than "zero" about an NFL offense. As is the cast for most HCs, he likely has a vision that he works with his coordinators to implement.

You're the one that called me an idiot and whatever else just for replying to you.  I clearly struck a nerve, which is pretty funny, given I've never had a problem admitting when I was wrong here before.  I wouldn't now.  I agree - and always have - that Wilks is going to need a good OC to have any sustained success.  Doesn't mean I agree he "has zero knowledge of offensive football."

My first post said he didn't know anything about offense. Then I explained what I ment as in he only understands the defensive side. You're the retard who's trying to defend this post by saying he's well rounded yet his majority of the time has been spent as a DB coach not even a DC. A title he's only had one year! But he's so well rounded guys. He's gained all this knowledge of offense by being a DB coach for 20 years. Trust me guys this isn't McAdoo this is Wilks system. He knows offense guys. Yeah that's you my dude. You are arguing that a DB coach knows more than McAdoo. A guy who's spent his entire career on the offensive side of the ball. Now be gone repeatedly saying the same thing over and over again like it's going to make it correct. Wilks knows DBs not the offensive side of the ball. The end 

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

My first post said he didn't know anything about offense. Then I explained what I ment as in he only understands the defensive side. You're the retard who's trying to defend this post by saying he's well rounded yet his majority of the time has been spent as a DB coach not even a DC. A title he's only had one year! But he's so well rounded guys. He's gained all this knowledge of offense by being a DB coach for 20 years. Trust me guys this isn't McAdoo this is Wilks system. He knows offense guys. Yeah that's you my dude. You are arguing that a DB coach knows more than McAdoo. A guy who's spent his entire career on the offensive side of the ball. Now be gone repeatedly saying the same thing over and over again like it's going to make it correct. Wilks knows DBs not the offensive side of the ball. The end 

Haha Wilks only knows DBs okay... Whatever man.  I don't think Wilks is some savant but lol.

It's crazy how angry this is making you. I've never said McAdoo knows less than Wilks about the offensive. The opposite, lol, just read my fuging post in response to yours a page ago where I said that hahaha.  The reason I'm responding is you keep acting like a bigger and bigger ass with more insults. 

Interesting that when pointed out with your own initial mistakes you say you "explained" aka corrected aka you made a mistake in your intial post. All good bud, glad we're on the same page and Wilks knows something about the offensive side of the ball 👍😉

The best part of this is we probably agree pretty closely on how much Wilks has to do with the offense lol

• Beer 1

• 9 months later...