• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Crazy Idea: Sign UFA Minshew, Draft a TE

MHS831

On 12/18/2022 at 3:11 PM, 45catfan said:

Ok, who is he going to throw to?  Thomas?  Sullivan?  Tremble?  Shi Smith?  TMJ?  The cupbord is bare my friend.  Sometimes the sexy pick isn't the BEST pick.

Since the Steelers have locked down Moore after the second quarter, Darnold has had nobody to throw to.

Beef up OL and your fears are addressed.TE isnt the answer or the problem.

9 hours ago, heel31ok said:

Beef up OL and your fears are addressed.TE isnt the answer or the problem.

Circa 2021 OL?  Dude, this is the best OL we've had in yeeaaarrrs. Not exactly sure about needing to beef it up more.  Our TE room is down right atrocious, so yes, it is a problem.  Getting a stud TE isn't the answer, but it's a crucial position that's sorely needs addressing. 

53 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Circa 2021 OL?  Dude, this is the best OL we've had in yeeaaarrrs. Not exactly sure about needing to beef it up more.  Our TE room is down right atrocious, so yes, it is a problem.  Getting a stud TE isn't the answer, but it's a crucial position that's sorely needs addressing. 

Comparing to past yrs isnt really saying much.the TEs are fine...dude.

Would have liked better RT play this year, let's hope motown is healthy and back to form next year. 

Our TE play is feeble. But 1st round TE. Oof I'm a Pitts fan and even he wasn't worth a 1st so far. Yeah terrible situation and all but man who's out there that's that big a matchup threat at TE this year? We must upgrade the spot, but I don't really think 1st is the value spot.

Now grab the best WR, I'd listen. Moore, TMJ and one of Addison/Johnston/Hyatt as the starting 3. That's baller. Johnston to me is the biggest Q as he looks to be able to do it all outside guy like Julio Jones but the production dones match the freak athlete he is. Hyatt is a burner of a #1/2 but raw as hell compared to the other 2 with 1 year of production. Addison is smooth #1 with big time production as a frosh and following 2 years but not the big outside guy. 

I'm in on minshew or Sam whomever wants a mid/low $ for backup or 30th starter level between them.  They are not the same guys at all, but build around the one you sign. Now if Richardson is somehow in play in the draft, all bets off in the 1st and go big.

• Pie 1

Just now, jayboogieman said:

Don't forget Mims in the second or third round.

I like Mims a lot too. If you flip and go WR 2nd or 3rd he is another I'm high on. Don't think he has size, speed, length to make it into that top group in the mid 1st. He's been nothing but productive for what 3 years now?

5 minutes ago, chbright said:

I like Mims a lot too. If you flip and go WR 2nd or 3rd he is another I'm high on. Don't think he has size, speed, length to make it into that top group in the mid 1st. He's been nothing but productive for what 3 years now?

Yep. He's produced all three years. Mim's is on the smaller size, 5'11" 185lbs or so, and not super fast. That said, production trumps measurables in my mind.

I think Mims is probably a 3rd rounder. He's a slot only type and those guys pretty much max out I'm the 2nd and that's for a top tier slot guy. It's why I don't understand the possible 1st round talk for Josh Downs. I think he's a fantastic NFL slot prospect but I think he's likely a mid to late 2nd rounder because he's slot only.

• Pie 1