• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Bowl Games

jayboogieman

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

seems like someone discovered a mirror

I don’t know man Penix is a very talented player and def an intriguing NFL QB prospect. Has all the tools. I just think that he needs to transfer to Ohio State or Alabama so he can fully develop his abilities being surrounded by the best players money can buy. How the hell does he expect to make it to Sundays playing for the Washington coaches and throwing to those PAC12 scrubs? 

13 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

Don't know about being top 10, but I could see people saying they are the challenger to Clemson's ACC throne instead of UNC.

CFP and AP have them at #13 right now.  They won.  So they likely finish this season in the final polling somewhere between 9-12ish I would think.  

It wouldn't be shock to see them come out in the first poll next year with somewhere in the top 15. 

But you never know, all the SEC teams get ranked so pointlessly high each season to start just because it might keep them from an early gift ranking.   Clemson seems to be the only team that they will give that to in the ACC as of now. 

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Personal attack 

25 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I don’t know man Penix is a very talented player and def an intriguing NFL QB prospect. Has all the tools. I just think that he needs to transfer to Ohio State or Alabama so he can fully develop his abilities being surrounded by the best players money can buy. How the hell does he expect to make it to Sundays playing for the Washington coaches and throwing to those PAC12 scrubs? 

Literally no one puts Penix in the same category as Maye in terms of NFL prospect. You're not nearly as clever as you perceive yourself. Apply Windex to your newly discovered mirror so you can get a cleared picture.

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Literally no one puts Penix in the same category as Maye in terms of NFL prospect. You're not nearly as clever as you perceive yourself. Apply Windex to your newly discovered mirror so you can get a cleared picture.

There are folks pushing penix as a 1st rounder and a brave few pumped him top 15. Maye now is a top 5/10 but like howell before him that can change in 1 season......

I'm not high on penix and reserving judgement on maye till later.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If this was reality he'd be entering the draft.

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

If he got that feedback he would be gone.  He didn't 

Oh I know, but there were a large group of posters and media pushing that narrative for months. 

Never saw it and he's back cause he got feed back that he wasn't a 1st. I wonder if he got 2nd round grade even. likely 3rd or later is my guess and that's why he went back.

curious if Howell got that and that's why he returned in 2021.

12 minutes ago, chbright said:

Oh I know, but there were a large group of posters and media pushing that narrative for months. 

Never saw it and he's back cause he got feed back that he wasn't a 1st. I wonder if he got 2nd round grade even. likely 3rd or later is my guess and that's why he went back.

I think we are actually going to start seeing more kids stay in college vs going to the pros.  Well, select kids. 

I mean, you can stay in college and play QB and get paid more money at a big school than being a mid round draft pick.   Will financially start to make more sense to stay in college for a bigger paycheck present day and work to improve your draft stock. 

• Pie 1

The real difference between Penix/Maye and what 4Corners is trying to troll here (that backfired) is that Washington is a respectable team and UNC is not. Thus Penix doesn't need to transfer. We all saw what you were doing, 4, but you didn't think it through all the way. Sorry.

That said, I still love it when the two yokel Heels fans snap at one another.

Uh Oh Reaction GIF by Bounce

• Pie 1

Just now, CRA said:

I think we are actually going to start seeing more kids stay in college vs going to the pros.  Well, select kids. 

I mean, you can stay in college and play QB and get paid more money at a big school than being a mid round draft pick.   Will financially start to make more sense to stay in college for a bigger paycheck and work to improve your draft stock. 

No doubt, for the kids it's been a long ass time coming. They needed to cash in on the stupid $ the college gets for their play beyond just the scholarship. That's why the 1 and done still goes on in the NBA....

if anything the NIL might work in the NFL favor getting more reps for these kids. Kinda like the old NBA before 1 and dones or HS draft picks. In some ways teams might get a better finished product. 

On the other hand, more time to get reps in RPO/2 read schemes stunts development too. So it's gonna cut the NFL both ways imo. 

25 minutes ago, chbright said:

Howell entered the draft as a true junior. It was his first year of eligibility. Seeing how damn good Drake Maye was may have entered his calculus kind of like how Chazz Surratt chose to switch from QB to LB when Howell stepped on campus.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

The real difference between Penix/Maye and what 4Corners is trying to troll here (that backfired) is that Washington is a respectable team and UNC is not. Thus Penix doesn't need to transfer. We all saw what you were doing, 4, but you didn't think it through all the way. Sorry.

That said, I still love it when the two yokel Heels fans snap at one another.

/cdn-cgi/mirage/2c732b875a9c937cb45b8f16c1ada27d3c0c9096f3c0e023cb2e326cb3cf3c3c/1280/https://media1.giphy.com/media/l4tVife0KrNULtjgc/200.gif

Why are you trolling yourself? You and 4Corners are basically the same breed of poo posting trolls.