• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A little coaching info from Person

Mr. Scot

8 hours ago, TheMaulClaw said:

What would be intriguing is drafting a qb in the first and then signing Brady.  Let the kid pick Brady's brain for a year, along with Matt Corral.

The problem with that is Brady has never mentored or even given much advice to his younger backups.  It's like he saw them as competition and was no help whatsoever.  His relationship with Garappolo was always pretty aloof.

I doubt that would change, and may be worse now that he is a shell of his former self.

So, the idea of signing a vet to nurse the young guys along is great.  He's just not the guy to do it.  It would be great if he was, but he won't.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

All this worry that Wilks will get the job is pointless.  Tepper is going to Tepper so you just gotta roll with it. If Wilks is the next coach then so be it. I will hope like hell he's the guy or we'll be looking again in a couple of years. 

It is what it is.

I've begun approaching the Panthers decisions the same way I approach things at work.  They are going to do what they do, and there is little I can do about it other than chime in and say "don't."

At work, it is almost a sure bet that whatever "it" is, they will eff the decision up.  I would not classify Tepper/the Panthers as a sure bet, but it is a pretty good bet.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Much like RR, I like Wilks the man. I think he would be a great DC, but too reminiscent of Rivera/Fox as a HC. That style of play is a lot harder to equate to success in the current NFL. 

I too had hopes for Wilks if he went on a run and showed that he learned from his AZ days. One game does not make/break him, but losing to PIT was not a good look. If he can run the tables and get us into the post-season, I think he gets the job. If not, on to the next shiny toy. 

Johnson, Steichen, Reich make the most sense. 

Edited by Soul Rebel