• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Pittsburgh Part 2 7pm

Panthers Fan 69

6 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Okay, I was wrong and I'm happy to be wrong.

That being said, Raanta gave up 2 easy's tonite. The second was pure garbage, he was so lazy I got pissed- not something that happens when I'm watching Canes hockey.

Raanta looks like he has declined. We need to trade both Anderson and Raanta and try to get a reliable goalie in return from someone. One that isnt injury prone and wont give up so many softies. 

3 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Raanta looks like he has declined. We need to trade both Anderson and Raanta and try to get a reliable goalie in return from someone. One that isnt injury prone and wont give up so many softies. 

Raanta is a goalie that needs reps to get into a rhythm. Rod clearly has gone with KOOCHIE vs his normal rotation so it’s not helping. But that is ok. Tampa runs with Vasy all the time because he is that good. I’m ok with Raanta or Freddie being our backup but one needs to get traded for a goal scorer. 

No chance that either Rannta or Freddie gets traded in my opinion. We saw how important it was to have three goalies in the playoffs last year.

With that said, I’d look at signing Jarry or Varlamov in the offseason and moving on from both Raanta and Andersen. Jarry is younger and could make a great tandem with Kochetkov for many years and while Varlamov is older, he’s another Russian goalie which could help Pyotr and he’d be less expensive than Jarry.

I'm reading some stuff about Bo Horvat (Vancouver) being offered up and a good place is in Raleigh. Doesn't make sense to me, on the surface, because the team is pretty much loaded with centers and that's not really the issue right now.

Of course, any trade rumors involve Jarvis- he's not going anywhere. And the fact Carolina is on a streak without their best player doesn't really scream, "We need a solution!"

Thoughts?

11 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I'm reading some stuff about Bo Horvat (Vancouver) being offered up and a good place is in Raleigh. Doesn't make sense to me, on the surface, because the team is pretty much loaded with centers and that's not really the issue right now.

Of course, any trade rumors involve Jarvis- he's not going anywhere. And the fact Carolina is on a streak without their best player doesn't really scream, "We need a solution!"

Thoughts?

Jarvis is a cornerstone player in this offense. Plays rod style hockey. No chance.  

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Raanta’s rebound control is downright poo. Do your fugging job and direct these shots to the corners. If I’m Pittsburgh I’m throwing everything at the net, Raanta is sure to set them up with a Grade A chance from a rebound that he directs right into the slot.

Or, right to Kotkiniemi who cleans the air 4 inches above the puck so McGinn has a straight easy shot.

2 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

No chance that either Rannta or Freddie gets traded in my opinion. We saw how important it was to have three goalies in the playoffs last year.

With that said, I’d look at signing Jarry or Varlamov in the offseason and moving on from both Raanta and Andersen. Jarry is younger and could make a great tandem with Kochetkov for many years and while Varlamov is older, he’s another Russian goalie which could help Pyotr and he’d be less expensive than Jarry.

I agree with this. 

What happens when everyone is healthy is the big question mark for me. I don’t see us filling a roster spot with a 3rd goalie, but the only other alternative I see is sending Koochie back to Chicago so he continues to get reps, but the way he’s playing I’d hate to see that happen too. I’m glad I’m not Don. 

Edited by TheCandyMan
  • Poo 1

13 minutes ago, TheCandyMan said:

I agree with this. 

What happens when everyone is healthy is the big question mark for me. I don’t see us filling a roster spot with a 3rd goalie, but the only other alternative I see is sending Koochie back to Chicago so he continues to get reps, but the way he’s playing I’d hate to see that happen too. I’m glad I’m not Don. 

No.  There’s no chance in the winter‘s warm or cold hell. No way Koochie goes back to Chicago. This may be the worst take all year.  Do you wanna fug up the season or get a fan based turn against you do exactly what you said. This is the easiest decision we’ve ever made trade Raanta or Freddie. that’s it. 

28 minutes ago, TheCandyMan said:

I agree with this. 

Kochetkov doesn’t have to be sent back down. The Canes can keep three rather easily as Kochetkov’s cap hit is less that 850K.

I’d be willing the bet the farm that all three remain with the Canes.

• Pie 1

Another reason that all three goalies will remain with the Canes is due to the fact that we don’t have a serviceable goalie in Chicago to come up and play. Sawchenko is rocking a 3.85 GAA and a .876 save percentage.

If the Canes rolled with just Kochetkov and Raanta/Andersen then they would be an injury away (a likely one at that) from having to call up Sawchenko.

18 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Kochetkov doesn’t have to be sent back down. The Canes can keep three rather easily as Kochetkov’s cap hit is less that 850K.

I’d be willing the bet the farm that all three remain with the Canes.

How would that play when we gotta get max on the salary though?