• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nathaniel Hackett fired

12 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

Damn, was that only one year in Denver or....? I know a ton of people wanted him here. See, this is what scares me about hiring an offensive guru type guy. WE either get a Sean McVay or we get a Josh Mcdaniels/Hackett type. Wonder what odds are on getting a successful guy or a failure, 50/50?

Yes.  And hopefully Tepper has learned something about going after the shiny toy.  He wanted Watson for 2 years,  tried hard to get him and was lucky he did not.  Denver got a hot QB and a hot offensive coach and see where it got them.  Think Tepper think!!!!!

Edited by ladypanther
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, ladypanther said:

Yes.  And hopefully Tepper has learned something about going after the shiny toy.  He wanted Watson for 2 years,  Tried hard to get him and was lucky he did not.  Denver got a hot QB and a hot offensive coach and see where it got them.  Think Tepper think!!!!!

Agreed, the shiny option isnt always the best and actually seems like it often times more than not turns out to be a disappointment. I dont think McDermont in Buffalo was a shiny hire and I remember thinking he probably wont do anything amazing in Buffalo but he has done quite a respectable job. I wonder often, could Wilks be our McDermont?

• Pie 4

With the wealthiest ownership group in the NFL as well as a fanbase passionate enough, even now, to have given the Broncos a home sellout streak that dates back to 1970, the Broncos head coaching role will be an attractive job.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35323346/denver-broncos-fire-coach-nathaniel-hackett-4-11-start

lol...well that team will not have a 1st or 2nd round draft pick until 2025.  Who wants that?  And who wants their future and reputation tied to Wilson??  Does not seem very attractive to me at all.  Heck..maybe they could lure McDoo away from the Panthers.

• Beer 2

Just now, ladypanther said:

I think Wilks is too smart to want to jump into that mess.

Wilks will be in demand not just for interviews (Rooney) but for leading this team post Rhule.  Clearly this is where he wants to coach but any and all openings will have his name attached and there is only so many ways to say no till we put a ring on it.

3 minutes ago, RenoCarolina said:

Wilks will be in demand not just for interviews (Rooney) but for leading this team post Rhule.  Clearly this is where he wants to coach but any and all openings will have his name attached and there is only so many ways to say no till we put a ring on it.

He does not have to accept the interview offer and he certainly does not need the interview experience.  Don't think he will be interested in a terrible job or being someone's token interviewee.

6 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

Matt Rhule: "Nobody is as shitty of an NFL head coach as me, I dominate all in this department"

Hackett:    /cdn-cgi/mirage/338975d0e6d2b86e6d117d6bfb3eae8b0887a6433a67bc51f0f5769ff2c1c629/1280/https://media4.giphy.com/media/4XGrnXMp4drS1WW0Cz/200.gif

At least their owners were smart enough to move on.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1