• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Next Offensive and Defensive Coordinator

Chris Smitty

53 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Surprisingly Snow didn't leave with Rhule.  He might have left on his own, but we'll never know.  Wilks fired Snow.  Wilks had disagreements before, saying Snow wasn't running an NFL defense.  So far,  Wilks' NFL D is worse than Snow's.

He also fired a ST coach, cause you know, the problem early in the season was with the D and ST, obviously. /sarc

After the Bengals humiliation Wilks fired cornerbacks coach Evan Cooper and defensive line coach Paul Pasqualoni, clearly scapegoating since the D looks worse since Wilks took over and his D in Arizona was absolute dogshlt.

He left the nonperforming O staff in tact. 

Maybe we should add, "Do you think our defense could've performed better if you didn't fire everybody?" to Tepper's list of questions for Wilks...

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, Stumpy said:

To be clear, you are probably correct...

But, we don't really know. Maybe Bidwell told Wilks he had to bring some of that sweet Panthers magic with him and McCoy and Holcomb were the only ones who hadn't already jumped ship to Buffalo.

The two men are definitely close. They are both direct disciples of the Chosen Ron. They have worked together for most of their careers. I highly doubt that Wilks would ask Holcomb to accept a de facto demotion. But, Tepper might...

Wilks must go through the interview process just like everyone else. After coaching 12+ games for the team, what other questions would Tepper have for the man, other than, "If you were the HC from day 1, what would you have done differently in 2022?" and "If you are HC in 2023, how would you fill out your coaching staff?"

I will tell you what I heard about bidwell/Kleim in regards to wilks hiring coaches. Wilks was NOT given full coaching staff control. They force him to hire McCoy, it had nothing to do with carolina. Basically Wilks got to hire most of the defensive side and ownership/GM had to "approve" for the offensive side. I believe if you did some goggle-fu, there would be a few pieces on what I just said. 

I got no trust in tepper, currently....and wilks should not stop the coaching search. I called frank reich the insurance policy, wilks is looking like teppers insurance. Also in wilks defense, I do love the fact hes a real carolina panther supporter and said this was his dream job....i believe that. 

Edited by Basbear
  • Beer 1